Design help: BrewBoss Controlled 2-vessel or BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
So, I too picked up a BB controller during the Black Friday sale. I've been wanting to go electric for quite some time now and really like the functionality of the BB controller.

Being that I already own a 15 gallon megapot with some extras that has served me well and not having an unlimited budget, I didn't want to purchase the turnkey system from Brew Boss. Most of my brews are low gravity and I often recirculate BIAB. When my grain bill is too hefty or I do a 10 gallon batch, I batch sparge with a 10 gallon beverage cooler MT.

I'm not sure to go with a false bottom & bag or custom fit a SS basket w/ feet to keep off the element and continue to BIAB, limiting myself to 5 gallon batches of moderate gravity OR build a larger cooler MT and No Sparge w/ larger grain bills and up to 10 gallon batches.

Obviously I want to keep mash temps precise with the BB controller. I'm thinking kettle rims style?

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Back