Depressing Enable Ad Ads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spargewort

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there others that find the Enable Ads images off-putting?

The dying panda, granny with cancer, and carbon monoxide-poisoned dog just about do me in. What next, street muggings? Diapers?

Other than that, great website!

Just sayin'.

Spargewort

The dying panda, granny with cancer, and carbon monoxide-poisoned dog just about do me in. What next, street muggings? Diapers?

Just sayin'.

Spargewort

Huh?

Just sayin'.

Spargewort

I happen to enjoy them...

Just sayin'.

Spargewort

Now you have gone and done it. Sarah McLaughlin music is next.

This only applies when you have AdBlock enabled. The areas that would normally have ads are replaced with depressing pictures asking you to enable ads.

Also when a supporting membership isn't renewed you see them... It reminded me to pay up! I personally thought that they were hilarious. :drunk:

go to My accounts, control panel,edit options and you can turn them off.:mug:

sad.jpg

Just sayin'.

Spargewort

Joined a year ago and this is you're third post. Way to troll my man!!

When I see the Grandma ad all I can think is, "Turn of AdBlock or the old lady gets it!"

I actually might turn adblock off on this site. The ads aren't that bad from what I hear.

Yeah, I blocked them at home too, but since I paid money, and I was raised in an Irish Catholic family, the guilt isn't so bad for me.... :D

And I, for one, love them!

I do too.

Also when a supporting membership isn't renewed you see them... It reminded me to pay up! I personally thought that they were hilarious. :drunk:

Awesome! That was the intention.

I have a lifetime membership and I see them.

PM me. You shouldn't be.

Gaaaaaaaaaah how did I not know that? I joined about a month ago and didn't know.

Thanks Chef :mug:

I sent you a pm with the details.

When I see the Grandma ad all I can think is, "Turn of AdBlock or the old lady gets it!"

I actually might turn adblock off on this site. The ads aren't that bad from what I hear.

I run full ads. I won't put anyone through something I won't put myself through.

Here we go pushing grandma off the cliff again.

Yeah, but she's like, really really old.

Or her commercial

I hate those. I'm a monster, heart of stone (thanks internet!), but when my kids start crying I have to take issue.

Yeah, I blocked them at home too, but since I paid money, and I was raised in an Irish Catholic family, the guilt isn't so bad for me.... :D

You mean the ad guilt right? All other guilt still intact?

Well - read this thread and thought, "what the heck" and turned adblock off. About 10 minutes later got an autoplay video ad for cat food and changed my mind....

Back