Dent in Grainfather Alembic Condenser?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickdude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks,

So I just got my Grainfather with a copper dome and alembic condenser, but the condenser seems to have taken a knock in transit (see photo). I don't think this will be a problem, because there is no obstruction, just a slight restriction, but I've been surprised by details I didn't think were important before.

View media item 69350
What do you guys think? Okay to use, or should I try to knock it out? (Or should I even talk to Grainfather about replacing it?)

Thanks,

Rick

Probably O K to use.

You can try to knock it out, ( it will depend on your skill level).

You probably paid some decent bucks for the setup, so shouldn't you have a dent free piece?..........Grainfather is waiting to hear from you........

How's that for some no advice?.......;)

You could heat it up with a map gas torch and push it open further but like mentioned, contact the supplier and have it replaced.
I don't see it being a problem other than looks alone.

What kinda product do you plan to make?

I doubt that dent impedes on the unit's functionality. It's barely a restriction.

Either get it replaced if you insist on perfect looks, or negotiate a serious discount to keep what you have!

I doubt that dent impedes on the unit's functionality. It's barely a restriction.

Either get it replaced if you insist on perfect looks, or negotiate a serious discount to keep what you have!

As a retailer for products like this I totally agree with this!
I will also add. You paid for a NEW product free of dents and issues. I would get with the retailer that sold you the unit. UNLESS it was me then SUCK IT! Baaahhhaaaaaaa Just kidding!

That looks like the same top from the T-500 ... Interesting

Cheers
Jay

Back