Degassing beer after Primary Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facinerous

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I just brewed a pumpkin stout, and I've noticed something different in my primary than what I am used to.

My direct question is. How long would beer degassing last from just sitting in a primary conical?

Short story. The beer has been sitting in the conical for just over three weeks now. During first week saw healthy and vigorous fermentation. During second week saw fermentation subside and yeast settle and a clear surface on the beer.. At the end of the second week I noticed bubbles on the surface of the beer which I am used to. As more time has progressed the bubbles on the surface have become more plentiful and bigger each passing day.

There is no visible sign of infection, but I am curious as to why I am seeing a resumed and apparent increasing activity in my conical.

What do you all think?

do you have a photo? big bubbles that stay big on the beer is a sign of infection.

Here is a picture

beerbubbles.jpg

I had Nottingham degas for a very long time. I eventually just kegged it.

i don't even look in my fermentors anymore, 2-3 weeks, sometimes more, then i keg them. i figure they have to be done by then. each fermentor has a different look when i open for kegging; some have krausen floating, bubbles, no bubbles, and weird floating things.

I really didn't think much of it to be honest. I've just never had it occur as much and as long as it has. Figured I would ask. I am using a different yeast I have not used before. So there may be something new with that.

Back