deep woods brew products

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmathews

Reaction score
Has anyone used anything from these guys or know anything about their products. The have a ss fermenter that looks awesome (except the threaded valve port) and some other ss products for reasonable prices.

I got one of the 7 gallon carboys for christmas, and while it's pricey, it works great. Easy to clean, no light entering, not going to shatter like glass. I also got a couple of the 2L growlers and they work great. Can be a little difficult to pour from or fill but really solid. I like the cap with the post. I can pour straight from the tap and then put it on the CO2 for a hour to re carb.

Are the carboys able to take pressure for transfering with co2

I wouldn't think that you'd be able to put more than a few PSI on it without blowing out the large o-ring on the lid, but that may be enough. I haven't tried it though. The welds don't look great, but I haven't seen and rust or discoloration after several fermentations and soak with oxy cleaner and PBW. I use the out port at the bottom to transfer sometimes and it works ok. It's high enough that you should be plenty above the trub after the yeast crashes, but you have to tilt to get everything out of there.

Back