dec. 31st...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Damn it! my hose is still frozen! i can't brew today and tally it in the how many gallons, if i don't figure out how to get it flowing! anyone got an idea how to thaw a 200' garden hose under snow half the way?

this is serious....if i don't brew today not only will i run out of beer, the tally for 2018 will be 10 less then it could be!

one of these all along the hose route
500_F_198498236_6MjCtb0sHsYwbLz8iU3YHXd9uwRJEupA.jpg

or bring the hose inside to a well heated room/garage

Who TF uses a 200 foot hose for brewing? :drunk:

it's not JUST for brewing i use it to spray weeds during monsoon with a hose sprayer....hell a lot easier then a pump one...

but i think i got a solution...the hose in the front yard is flowing, so i think i'll just run it in....got malt crushing as i type, looking forward to adding my 10 gal to the tally!

Carry your pot from the water source to the brewing area.

i use a immersion chiller in the kitchen, needs a hose.....i did fill my pot up with a bucket with water from the tub though...as long as i can chill the finished wort from the front hose i'm good...and before the bathtub beer remarks, once i add the yeast to it...the gov'ment considers it beer...no mater what any of you say!

Good luck getting the last brew day of the year in under the wire!

John

Amen to that! it's going to be a late night, but looking forward to adding it to the 2018 tally! i'll either be the last 2018'er or the first 2019!

Take the house in the house, put it in the bathtub, and fill it with hot water.

i'm afraid i don't brew in a summer cottage, i only have one house!... lol :tank:

edit: and it's 200' with ice in it, don't think i could get it to bend into the tub...
brew day is going to happen today! i'm determined!

100_0545.JPG

and being that this is a saved brew day...i plan on lighting this home grown cigar and posting it lit in the stogie thread!

(for the hops addition)

had to finish the boil today, the 1st...so i got to start the "How many gallons" thread...and my cigar, wouldn't light...got it hydrating now, still plan on posting it lit in the stogie thread...."Never give up! Never surrender!" (Galaxy Quest)

had to finish the boil today, the 1st...so i got to start the "How many gallons" thread...and my cigar, wouldn't light...got it hydrating now, still plan on posting it lit in the stogie thread...."Never give up! Never surrender!" (Galaxy Quest)
Now you're 10 gallons ahead of last year's start! :mug:

Sorry, you didn't make your quota last year.
What interrupted your brew yesterday? Sounded like you were going to make it as of 3:18 pm here, and we're even 3 hours ahead.

Now you're 10 gallons ahead of last year's start! :mug:

Sorry, you didn't make your quota last year.
What interrupted your brew yesterday? Sounded like you were going to make it as of 3:18 pm here, and we're even 3 hours ahead.

my hose was frozen, it takes me 8-9 hours to brew a batch. and didn't start until 1pm....drinking homemade rum, to save the little homebrew i have in the last keg....

got sleepy, said "damn it"...But it worked out, got it reduced this morning and...It's starting to bubble!
------------------
and yes it was a cold day in S. AZ....@November

Chill in the snow

I mean... it's freezing cold, the hose is full of ice, the yard is full of snow- dude 's having trouble getting something chilled.

I have scalded myself from not letting the hose run before touching the water. If it didn't taste like hose, I could strike with that water.

Back