Deal or No Deal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyseany

Reaction score
went to a yard sale today and picked up a couple of items...i spent $39 ...cause that is all i had on me...feel like i got a deal....

BUT! i don't know what all the little stuff is for sure as I've done no research...so any help would be great...also what do you think of the regulator? will it work? (i know nothing!)

this is a 5 gallon carboy with handle, co 2 tank, and a cut 15 gallon keg!
20120413_165505.jpg

pic of the regulator
20120413_165522.jpg

some of the small stuff that came with it...

20120413_165733.jpg

2 of these with hoses

20120413_165722.jpg

The keggle alone is worth at least double what you spent! Most of those little peices are connections for cornelius kegs. One helluva find there.

39 buxs? That wasn't a deal...that was a steal. The regulator looks fine and you have some commercal tap equipment and a bunch of ball lock connectors for cornie kegs (home brew kegs).

crazyseany said:
anyone know anything about the regulator or the faucets or the other connectors?

thanks

Sean

It's a standard regulator for you co2 tank hook up to your kegs to carb and serve

Totally steal

You got an amazing steal.
Pic 1: Carboy with handle, CO2 tank, and a keggle
Pic 2: A CO2 regualtor, will work great
Pic 3: 4 grey gas connectors for ball lock cornelius keg. 1 black liquid connector for the same. Lots of hose clamps to clamp the gas and beer hoses to those connectors. Some misc. bits.
Pic 4: A Sankey tap to hook into a keg you can buy at the store.
Pic 5: Looks like two Sankey taps, 2 faucets and shanks.

The CO2 tank, regulator, taps, shanks, and faucets are worth $200+ if you were to buy them new.

Clean everything very well. Throw out the beer lines and gas lines and buy new ones. Nice find man.

Amazing find. I'm hitting a large community garage sale this morning and if I find a single brewing related item I will be amazed. If I find half of what you found I will go into the church where the garage sale is and sign up and be converted.

Amazing find. I'm hitting a large community garage sale this morning and if I find a single brewing related item I will be amazed. If I find half of what you found I will go into the church where the garage sale is and sign up and be converted.

Ok...lets not get crazy now. LMAO :rockin:

It is a good enough deal that I will drive to you from Sidney...AND give you twice what you payed.....and I would still be getting a hell of a deal ( I need the tank and regulator)edited to add: After looking at a map...maybe not lol

its only 3 hours and we're 20 minutes from the pro football hall of fame.... but i think I'll hold on to it...i just need a couple of cornies and some line...and a fridge for the garage!

oh yeah...and someone to drink beer with! lol

well if you want your money back+ let me know. I think I would drive 3 hours for that. THATS Why I LOVE garage sales and flea markets and auctions...you just never know.

Well due to rain what was supposed to be a couple dozen lots set up for garage sales ended up being about 10 and most of the stuff looked like they had driven around other garage sales in the area for the last month grabbing whatever was broken or unsaleable. Someone was selling tools that where so rusted they where nearly hollow. And boxes and boxes old electronics, ac adapters, controllers, a few hard drives all left out in the rain uncovered.

I did find a bunch of Ninja Turtles action figures for a dollar and one is small enough to be a D&D miniature.

Well due to rain what was supposed to be a couple dozen lots set up for garage sales ended up being about 10 and most of the stuff looked like they had driven around other garage sales in the area for the last month grabbing whatever was broken or unsaleable. Someone was selling tools that where so rusted they where nearly hollow. And boxes and boxes old electronics, ac adapters, controllers, a few hard drives all left out in the rain uncovered.

I did find a bunch of Ninja Turtles action figures for a dollar and one is small enough to be a D&D miniature.

:off:I knew a buddy who's family made a good portion of their income on selling antique tools they bought from flea markets. If they have the right stamp marks and are in alright shape you can take a 2 dollar hammer and ebay it for 100$ (random numbers but you get the idea).

Wifey came home today from her Saturday, summer ritual of going to yard sales. Came home with this for 35 bucks. 20# full CO2 tank with regulator, 1/2 Coors keg, sanke tap, brass faucet with a Coors lite marker. She asked if she had done good.....I said, yep. :mug:

yard.jpg

did you get the mill?... i should of bought it for the motor and stand...but my wife would of killed me as she bought me a MM2 for Christmas... and i have a mash tun already...was there more?

i emailed and asked what he wanted for the mill and he said all brew stuff was sold....

i should of bought the bee keeping stuffs to but i was close to broke...lol

Back