DC Group Buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am down for 3 bags of pils. for 120$ and I live right near you (assuming you actually live in colesville) :)

if you want em, you can have em, if you don't but are going, I can pick up from you, and give you some meade for your trouble. Let me know either way :)

Yeah, definitely Colesville, about a mile off of NH Ave. I'll pick yours up; buy one bag of pils for $40; and you can pick the rest up. Makes my trip to Tysons worthwhile:)

Yeah, definitely Colesville, about a mile off of NH Ave. I'll pick yours up; buy one bag of pils for $40; and you can pick the rest up. Makes my trip to Tysons worthwhile:)

for sure! and ill bring you meade for your trouble! im about 3 blocks off NH as well :)

Sure, for some of you the pick-up location is not as convenient this time. I'm glad you were able to work out an amicable solution.

In case you have 2nd thoughts, I know there are a few brewers in this buy who would be delighted to take over your bags. <shrugs>

Anyone out there that could get my stuff? I can pick it up in the Frederick area or weekdays in the Gaithersburg area. Unfortunately I have 8lbs of the DME which will be a pain to store/move/split...

Anyone out there that could get my stuff? I can pick it up in the Frederick area or weekdays in the Gaithersburg area. Unfortunately I have 8lbs of the DME which will be a pain to store/move/split...

Sure I can pick yours up! I'm going to see if I can use my sons truck cuz it has an outlet and I can bring a nice scale in case we need it to move things along. Just make sure the people know I have your permission. :mug:

I'll print the list of your stuff and take it with me.

PM sent to you.

Sure I can pick yours up! I'm going to see if I can use my sons truck cuz it has an outlet and I can bring a nice scale in case we need it to move things along. Just make sure the people know I have your permission. :mug:

PM sent to you.

Yes, please bring your scale! Do you need power for yours? Must be a really nice one then!
I'm bringing mine, a battery powered Escali which will weight up to 15#, but very accurately.

The other idea I've been toying with is the possible need for a raised, table-like surface to do the weighting on. Beats the alternative of crawling on the ground. I was going to ask Bucksnort to volunteer his truck gate...

While we're on topic, I'm bringing:
  • split list per sack
  • split list per person
  • printed labels for all the split outs

I encourage those involved in the splits to bring their own bags, old empty grain sacks, and/or buckets.

Oh, and bring one of your best homebrews (or another gracious gift) for our marvelous host, Bucksnort, who is driving up an hour to facilitate our resurrected group buy.

PM sent to you.

You have my permission and gratitude! If you are willing to provide me with temporary storage I'll bring my own buckets etc when I pick it up from your place. I'll buy some more Homer buckets and these awesome gamma lids!

BTW - I found out that using refuse bags (those paper bags for composting) make a good liner for those bags when cut to size. They kind of resemble the paper bags the grains sometimes comes in.

Yes, please bring your scale! Do you need power for yours? Must be a really nice one then!
I'm bringing mine, a battery powered Escali which will weight up to 15#, but very accurately.

The other idea I've been toying with is the possible need for a raised, table-like surface to do the weighting on. Beats the alternative of crawling on the ground. I was going to ask Bucksnort to volunteer his truck gate...

While we're on topic, I'm bringing:
  • split list per sack
  • split list per person
  • printed labels for all the split outs

I encourage those involved in the splits to bring their own bags, old empty grain sacks, and/or buckets.

Oh, and bring one of your best homebrews (or another gracious gift) for our marvelous host, Bucksnort, who is driving up an hour to facilitate our resurrected group buy.

Ok it's set then I'll pick up for my good friend Funnycreature.
Also I do need an outlet for my scale but my son's toyota pick up has one in the bed so hopefully it will work when I test it tonight.

:D

I can bring a folding table if needed at 8:30. I just have to be gone at 9:30. Might help so we can have two stations going if we are going to have 2 scales. I don't have a nice scale for grain, only a small kitchen one for hops. (next item on to do list). So I hope I can use someones for my split of the DME :) I will also try to remember some measuring cups or scoops.

People in the lot are going to look at our operation like we are crazy :) At least it is supposed to be in the 60's! And thank you to all that helped get this going and finished! I am so excited that I will have grain in hand this weekend!!!

I can bring a folding table if needed at 8:30. I just have to be gone at 9:30. Might help so we can have two stations going if we are going to have 2 scales. I don't have a nice scale for grain, only a small kitchen one for hops. (next item on to do list). So I hope I can use someones for my split of the DME :) I will also try to remember some measuring cups or scoops.

People in the lot are going to look at our operation like we are crazy :) At least it is supposed to be in the 60's! And thank you to all that helped get this going and finished! I am so excited that I will have grain in hand this weekend!!!

Yeah, if you could, a small table would be great! It's lower than a truck gate. The weighting will be finished way before 9:30 with 2 stations rippin'.
Guess we'll have to work in teams...

Too bad we can't follow Brew Dogs' example by brewing up a storm and convert some craft beer veeergins while we're there.

We may not make the evening news, unless we get arrested, but it will be quite an event worth taking a few pictures of. That's why we should not openly exchange money, with maybe one candid exception (Steve).

Anyone able to snag my goods for me? I am out of town until next Friday night...I can pick them up from someone close by Rockville...

When I get to the hotel tonight I will put out an update on who has paid what...two really long days have prevented me from checking on stuff. Hope to get out at a reasonable time tonight! Cheers all!

Anyone able to snag my goods for me? I am out of town until next Friday night...I can pick them up from someone close by Rockville...

When I get to the hotel tonight I will put out an update on who has paid what...two really long days have prevented me from checking on stuff. Hope to get out at a reasonable time tonight! Cheers all!

I could pick yours up. Let me know what's yours besides the splits. :D
Island Lizard will have a list anyway. Let me know when you get a chance.

Just paid stonebrewer, let me know if there are any problems, see you all tomorrow! I'll get there as early as possible. I'm expecting to get there around 9am, but with kids in tow, there's at least a 15-minute error-term around any plans I'll try to make, probably for the next ~20 years. C'est la vie.

We received all of the bags except the c20 and the flaked wheat. Tracked down Derek and I should receive those two bags next Wednesday or so. I will load everything up early and head to town. See everyone in am.

We received all of the bags except the c20 and the flaked wheat. Tracked down Derek and I should receive those two bags next Wednesday or so. I will load everything up early and head to town. See everyone in am.

How would we distribute those?
Unless someone lives close to you, it's hardly worth driving for.

What a great time meeting everyone and getting this done! Thanks so much to Bucksnort and IslandLizard for their efforts and organizing!

Stonebrewer if you want I can load yours up and drop it off at your house anytime next week. I thought about it this morning but I didn't want to drop by unannounced. Of course I still would like it if you wanted to come up and sample some.

Funnycreature just let me know when you're ready! I get off at 3pm so I could meet you in Gaithersburg if it would make it easier for you as well. Of course I still would like it if you wanted to come up and sample some.

Again awesome job everyone! :mug:

Thank you everyone! I was so happy to finally get grain on hand at the house! Bucksnort, just let me know when to meet up with your coworker for the other splits ;-) you did an amazing job and I thank you for getting this grain in! Next time we all meet up (I hope we can find another supplier for a next time) I promise to have some beer on hand. We keg most of our stuff and just started bottling recent so I don't really have anything ready to go yet. Hopefully next time we can do this at a house and we can all have a homebrew together!

What a great time meeting everyone and getting this done! Thanks so much to Bucksnort and IslandLizard for their efforts and organizing!

Stonebrewer if you want I can load yours up and drop it off at your house anytime next week. I thought about it this morning but I didn't want to drop by unannounced. Of course I still would like it if you wanted to come up and sample some.

Funnycreature just let me know when you're ready! I get off at 3pm so I could meet you in Gaithersburg if it would make it easier for you as well. Of course I still would like it if you wanted to come up and sample some.

Again awesome job everyone! :mug:

Bigbeavk: I am not home until late Friday night, so if you don't mind holding on to it, I will arrange a time to come by next weekend and perhaps we can have a few samples and chat while I pick it up. Dead tired as this has been a very long week for me...next week could be worse. Can't wait to get back home!

Sounds like the buy finally got done. Thanks to all who helped out with this! I apologize for the way things went down, but it really was out of my hands. We'll try to get something going again in the coming weeks...

Happy brewing!

Bigbeavk: I am not home until late Friday night, so if you don't mind holding on to it, I will arrange a time to come by next weekend and perhaps we can have a few samples and chat while I pick it up. Dead tired as this has been a very long week for me...next week could be worse. Can't wait to get back home!

Sounds like the buy finally got done. Thanks to all who helped out with this! I apologize for the way things went down, but it really was out of my hands. We'll try to get something going again in the coming weeks...

Happy brewing!

No problem at all. See you when you get a break. :mug:

Thanks to everyone for showing up in our narrow time slot, or arranging with other brewers to pick up the goodies. Also thanks to everyone bringing equipment, weighting, bagging, labeling, distributing, or just staying around to keep the morale at peak level. As expected, the DME showed her real character again and managed to leave a signature behind attesting to her sticky presence.

It was great meeting you all and wish we had more time to chat, exchange some home brew and shoot the breeze. Until next time... :mug:

I posted this in the buy 6 thread... but Mike at 3 stars seemed very willing to help out with this a couple months ago. I dont know any details... but somsone should ask him :)

Friday I rattled our suppliers cage again about the last 2 bags. He thought he could give me an update and tracking number then. I was standing there when he called it in the first time but the distributor did not ship. I will let everyone know what to expect when I hear something. Hopefully, we can turn the page on this order soon.

Friday I rattled our suppliers cage again about the last 2 bags. He thought he could give me an update and tracking number then. I was standing there when he called it in the first time but the distributor did not ship. I will let everyone know what to expect when I hear something. Hopefully, we can turn the page on this order soon.

Thank you for staying on top of this issue. :rockin:

I received a tracking number yesterday. The last two bags are due to arrive Monday.

Will update when I have them in hand.

Good news..... I received 2 bags of grain today......
Bad news... BSG strikes again and sent one bag wrong......

We now have the flaked wheat and a bag of C120 ( instead of C20). I will call Derek tomorrow and see if he will swap us..

JasonVT, I have your 2Row and will be in Herndon tomorrow.

Good news..... I received 2 bags of grain today......
Bad news... BSG strikes again and sent one bag wrong......

We now have the flaked wheat and a bag of C120 ( instead of C20). I will call Derek tomorrow and see if he will swap us..

JasonVT, I have your 2Row and will be in Herndon tomorrow.

Yikes! C120 is way off C20. Wish they could have messed up and done like C40 or C60 instead :) Hope it works out to swap.

Derek ordered us a new bag of C20. Expect it early next week. I will weigh out the splits and then we can wrap this up. I will be out of town Tues and Wed. I will try to get it all pulled together ASAP.

Derek ordered us a new bag of C20. Expect it early next week. I will weigh out the splits and then we can wrap this up. I will be out of town Tues and Wed. I will try to get it all pulled together ASAP.

Bucksnort, again, thank you so much for finishing this buy so elegantly. I'm not sure how and when to take possession of my share yet, let me think it over and see what options roll out or are being offered. Maybe we can have a communal brewday & meet. :rockin: :mug:

Brewing a small batch of experimental tonight from leftover wort, while the pumpkin ale is knocking away in the blow-off jug. I need to get that one finished before Christmas... this year!

Awesome! Thank you for all your hard work :) Will wait to hear what we decide on how to get this...or if it works out that your co-worker can still bring it to Stafford. Either way, thank you once again!!! :ban:

Back