DC Group Buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's red wheat malt, made from (hard) winter wheat. Slightly darker and more flavor than white. Use 50% and up for wheat beers, or smaller amounts elsewhere, like Saisons, Belgians, etc.:

3-3.5° L. This American wheat malt is made from hard red winter wheat and has a slightly fuller, richer taste than normal wheat malt.​

While we are on topic, and spending money like water again, I just ordered 10 pounds of hops from Hops Direct. They only have 21 lbs. of Amarillo Leaf left but plenty of Amarillo pellets. Chinook and Calypso pellets are made available today at 3pm PST. Their pellets are slowly coming in, being released 2 at a time per week.

Many of the 2013 hops are limited to only 1 pound of each, so I got:
  • Amarillo Leaf ($18.10)
  • Amarillo Pellets ($18.40)
  • Citra Leaf ($17.35)
  • Cascade Pellets ($12.20)
  • Saaz Leaf ($13.85)
  • Magnum Leaf ($11.40)
and a few others from the 2012 harvest

If you hurry up you can still snatch 2 pounds of Amarillo (1 leaf + 1 pellet) and a few others to make shipping worth while. The Amarillo leaf will sell out soon.

The next best source I found for hops by the pound is LabelPeelers. They take pre-orders for 2013 hops and they are 20% off their list price, making them quite affordable. Their shipping is nice and low. So I get my balance there, like Simcoe.

Great that I'm in for 15lb of DME! Are we still on for the crystal 80 and 120? I'd like the Crystal 40 and the carapils as well. Let me know who to pay when you get a chance.

Thanks so much for getting this back on track! :mug:

Great that I'm in for 15lb of DME! Are we still on for the crystal 80 and 120? I'd like the Crystal 40 and the carapils as well. Let me know who to pay when you get a chance.

Thanks so much for getting this back on track! :mug:

Got you on for C40 and CaraPils too now.

Yeah, the crystal 80 and 120 are still on, except we never got a response on the price and availability of C120. Hope we'll know soon. So wait with paying me until we get a green light.

I'm pm'ing you a private link to the split orders and balances due (under "Who owes to whom?") to the primary buyers.

I think he got tired of fooling with it. He wasn't getting anything out of it, no traffic to his store, and it kept being a headache when something went wrong with the order. Dunno, but I am guessing that is why. We will try to find another source...

reddskinnfan: I refunded you last night...there were two payments, that is why I was confused about the amount at first. Please let me know ASAP if you did not receive it. Cheers!

...They only have 21 lbs. of Amarillo Leaf left but plenty of Amarillo pellets....The Amarillo leaf will sell out soon....

They must have gotten a new shipment in. Their Amarillo Leaf stock now shows:
797 pounds remaining
:ban:

And Hops Direct pounds are "royal" pounds.

I have no connections with or any beneficial interest in the company. Just want to mention what's out there, and I consider a decent deal.

They must have gotten a new shipment in. Their Amarillo Leaf stock now shows:
797 pounds remaining
:ban:

And Hops Direct pounds are "royal" pounds.

I have no connections with or any beneficial interest in the company. Just want to mention what's out there, and I consider a decent deal.

Wish I had money to spare but right now I have to watch every dollar I spend :( Maybe there's still some left whenever I get to brew more again :mug:

Can we get an updated list of who has what ordered? (I think I got those 2 bags I asked for on what was left, but want to make sure before I send more money) :) Also need to verify what additional splits I am in on now...

Can we get an updated list of who has what ordered? (I think I got those 2 bags I asked for on what was left, but want to make sure before I send more money) :) Also need to verify what additional splits I am in on now...

I just sent you the link to the splits overview and individual dues for each participant (this is not public).

For the whole sacks we are supposed to get an update on amounts due to stonebrewer or bucksnort, whichever way they decide to handle it.

Buyer DUE PAID

stonebrewer $203 YES
jasonvt $159 YES
thephysicist $94 YES
IslandLizard $394
PikevileBrew $40
claphamsa $121 YES
robfar $40 YES
funnycreature
stevedasleeve $49
reddskinnfan $202 REFUNDED
jnr1005 $210 YES
bucksnort999 $304 YES
socal2009 $122 YES
miahpage $40

All, here is what I think my records show so far for this buy. It does NOT include splits or any of the last few changes. We need to come to a conclusion as to who was buying up reddskinnfan's allotment and get that paid for. Anyhow, please review and correct me if I am mistaken on the above.

[...]We need to come to a conclusion as to who was buying up reddskinnfan's allotment and get that paid for. Anyhow, please review and correct me if I am mistaken on the above.

I think we settled on this distribution for the dropped out bags:

Are we going to disperse those 5 sacks as follows:
shoshin
- 1x Rahr 2-row
jnr
- 1x Rahr 2-row
- 1x Rahr Pils
IslandLizard
- 1x Rahr 2-row
bucksnort999
- 1x Rahr Red Wheat?​

Also, the dropped out splits have been redistributed.

My total due is correct, except the sack of rye malt is not included. I am still waiting for the price on that.

robfar $40 YES

Tony, I don't think this is accurate. I owe you for 1 sack Rahr 2-row pale malt, but I've been waiting for a final price and haven't paid yet.

Just checking....the Rhar 2 row is the brewers and not the pale...right? (checking to make sure that $79.48 is what I owe still for those last 2 sacks...)

jnr1005 said:
Just checking....the Rhar 2 row is the brewers and not the pale...right? (checking to make sure that $79.48 is what I owe still for those last 2 sacks...)

Rahr 2Row comes both ways, brewers and pale.

The grain is in town and should be delivered to my house no later than Thursday. Please complete all full bag payments to Stonebrewer ASAP, preferably by Thursday pm.

You can deal with the splits with the bag holder as needed.

We will meet Saturday morning in Tyson's Corner at 9am.. In the parking garage adjacent to Gordon Biersch on the street level.

If you cannot make the date or time, please try to Find someone to pick up. I can store it but I live an hour away in Warrenton.

I will be there at 830a to organize and start splits. Would really like to be gone by 10.

Hopefully, this works for everyone.

The grain is in town and should be delivered to my house no later than Thursday. Please complete all full bag payments to Stonebrewer ASAP, preferably by Thursday pm.

We will meet Saturday morning in Tyson's Corner at 9am.. In the parking garage adjacent to Gordon Biersch on the street level.

If you cannot make the date or time, please try to Find someone to pick up. I can store it but I live an hour away in Warrenton.

I will be there at 830a to organize and start splits. Would really like to be gone by 10.

What about the C80, C120, and rye - did we get all those? Please, anyone who I owe money please let me know. Also, I won't be able to make it to Tyson's Corner; TONY, would you be willing to take my share and I'll pick it up from you? :rockin::mug:

I'm excited to finally get this grain and very grateful for bucksnort and stonebrewer. Unfortunately, I'm away this weekend. I'm going to a beer festival in Chicago, so I'm hopeful that's a legit excuse :mug:
Anyway, is anyone in or around Arlington that could possibly pick up my two sacks? I'm back Sunday and can probably pick it up then.

What about the C80, C120, and rye - did we get all those? Please, anyone who I owe money please let me know. Also, I won't be able to make it to Tyson's Corner; TONY, would you be willing to take my share and I'll pick it up from you? :rockin::mug:

The amounts due for each of our splits are on the split grain page, with paypal accounts on the bottom. I'd sent you the link before.

[EDIT] The C80, C120 and Rye were ordered. Hopefully they show up.

The amounts due for each of our splits are on the split grain page, with paypal accounts on the bottom. I'd sent you the link before.

[EDIT] The C80, C120 and Rye were ordered. Hopefully they show up.

I think I remember you told people involved in these splits to wait with the payments. Can I pay you now? According to your spreadsheet it's $50.75. :ban:

I think I remember you told people involved in these splits to wait with the payments. Can I pay you now? According to your spreadsheet it's $50.75. :ban:

We were waiting for pricing and availability on C120 and Rye so I put payment involving these on hold. They're supposed to be on the truck as we speak. So, yeah, you may pay me now :ban: Thank you!

$50.75 should be correct, but feel free to double check.
[EDIT] - Received - Thank you!

Paid the rest of mine :) See everyone at 8:30ish since I have to bail by 9:30 for boyscout stuff. All this grain and no brewing for me for the next few weeks :( Working 6 days a week until Thanksgiving. On the bright side...lots of grain for post turkey brewing!!!

I'll be there! Anyone that would rather come to Monrovia 21770 at my house let me know and Bucksnort or Island Lizard. I can get your grain out to Frederick county for you. Of course you will have to try one of my beers when you stop by! :mug:

Keep in mind I have a Honda Accord so I can only handle maybe a dozen bags. :D

Edit: I paid the rest of mine as well.

Last I looked ( at this long long thread!) the grain was cancelled - I'm confused, what grain is here? The specialty splits or the base grain or both? I can rearrange my schedule to pick up -- 12 lbs C20 and a sack of German pilsner was my take -- if they are delivered... Just let me know

Steve da sleeve

Last I looked ( at this long long thread!) the grain was cancelled - I'm confused, what grain is here? The specialty splits or the base grain or both? I can rearrange my schedule to pick up -- 12 lbs C20 and a sack of German pilsner was my take -- if they are delivered... Just let me know

Steve da sleeve

Bucksnort miraculously resuscitated the buy, and what we initially ordered should be on the truck for delivery, including all the sacks slated for splits. Hope to see you in Tyson's Corner.

Bucksnort miraculously resuscitated the buy, and what we initially ordered should be on the truck for delivery, including all the sacks slated for splits. Hope to see you in Tyson's Corner.

im not sure thats a positive...I would have rather had my money back than have the pickup moved to somewhere very inconvinient at a time I cant pickup, with no notice.

im not sure thats a positive...I would have rather had my money back than have the pickup moved to somewhere very inconvinient at a time I cant pickup, with no notice.

If you get someone to buy your other two, I would be willing to buy 1 bag of your pilsner (I see you ordered 3 if I'm correct)...

Yeah, I wouldn't have bothered with a 1 bag order if I knew it was at Tyson's. Not sure I'll even break even with that drive. As long as I'm making that schlep, I might take your order off of your hands, Stephen. What are you down for?

Back