DC Area Group Buy #15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheets are updated.

Splits Available:
Dingemans Cara 20 ---------------40
Weyermann CARAHELL -----------40
Weyermann CARAFOAM -----------20
Gambrinus Honey -----------------40

OK we are at the minimum I normally like to get to before ordering, so I think I will let things go another week and then soft close the buy next FRI at midnight. As usual, I will try to do at least two weeks between soft close and pickup. I will contact 3 Stars this weekend to see what dates they can support and we will get this puppy wrapped up. Cheers all!

Sheets are up to date:

Splits Available:
Dingemans Cara 20 ---------------30
Weyermann CARAHELL -----------40
Weyermann CARAFOAM -----------15
Gambrinus Honey -----------------40

OK folks, we are going to close this buy down at the end of the week. It will be a soft close, so splits that don't close will have a little more time and if you really need to add a sack of something safe that doesn't come from Patagonia, you can. Pickup date will be APR 2. I will send out emails this week to remind folks, but if you are pretty sure about your order go ahead and start sending PayPals using the friends and family option and do not do the echeck option. If you are new to PayPal, it is best to link it to a bank account as that works best with PP. We have 3 weeks to close out splits and get last minute orders in. Also, I will check to see if any of the more risky malts are not coming in and let you know...floor malted BoPils I am talking about you! If you have been sitting on the fence, get in now or take a share of that split you have been eyeing!! Cheers all!

OK folks, we are going to close this buy down at the end of the week. It will be a soft close, so splits that don't close will have a little more time and if you really need to add a sack of something safe that doesn't come from Patagonia, you can. Pickup date will be APR 2. I will send out emails this week to remind folks, but if you are pretty sure about your order go ahead and start sending PayPals using the friends and family option and do not do the echeck option. If you are new to PayPal, it is best to link it to a bank account as that works best with PP. We have 3 weeks to close out splits and get last minute orders in. Also, I will check to see if any of the more risky malts are not coming in and let you know...floor malted BoPils I am talking about you! If you have been sitting on the fence, get in now or take a share of that split you have been eyeing!! Cheers all!

I'll be in Spain on April 2. Someone else will need to be there to handle splits, and I'll need someone to grab my grains.

Jeanne and XCDarrel17, we'll need to work out something about your barrels.

The 26th works for me, if we can get in there earlier.

Sheets are updated.

Splits Available:
Dingemans Cara 20 ---------------20
Weyermann CARAHELL -----------30
Weyermann CARAFOAM -----------15
Gambrinus Honey -----------------30

OK folks, time to get your PayPal on!! Start sending payment ASAP. I will try to do a group email tomorrow night, if I have time, to remind everyone. Closing the buy down this weekend (soft) to get the ordering process started. Cheers!

OK folks, time to get your PayPal on!! Start sending payment ASAP. I will try to do a group email tomorrow night, if I have time, to remind everyone. Closing the buy down this weekend (soft) to get the ordering process started. Cheers!

Hi Tony,

what should we do about balances for open splits? Hold on with the payment for those or receive reimbursement from you if the split does not close?

Hi Tony,

what should we do about balances for open splits? Hold on with the payment for those or receive reimbursement from you if the split does not close?

Great question!! So I would not pay for any splits that have not completed until they close, personally. Pay what you owe and the splits can go another week and see if they close. You always have the option of purchasing the rest of the split if you really want the malt as well.

Edit - I updated the sheets to only add in the cost of splits when they close, so pay the amount on the Order tab and don't worry about math. :)

Payment sent! See you at 3 Stars!

Waiting on 8 people to close out this buy...if you have not paid, please go do it now or we won't get the order in and we will have to slip another week! Thanks!

Down to 4 people, two with large orders.

Anyone want to help me close the CaraFOAM? I will take 5 pounds to help close it...

For the open splits, please let me know if you want to continue with it past this buy. I am sure they will all close on the next one if they do not close next week on this one!

Is it too late to get add to the order? If not, I'd like to get a sack each of:

1x WEY1009 Weyermann Pilsner
1x RAH1002 Rahr standard 2-row.

As soon as it's confirmed, I can send payment. Thanks.

If the honey malt doesn't close this buy, please go ahead and move to the next buy if the others who were gonna jump on it are gonna stick with it.

If not, I can get it another time.

Our order has been placed!

I will let you know if there are any issues.

New buy thread is up: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7468944#post7468944

IMPORTANT NOTE:

There are several splits open on this round. If they close by MAR 19th I will try to get them on this order. Otherwise they move to the next buy thread. Please let me know whether or not you want to stay on the split if it moves.

Splits Available:
Weyermann CARAFOAM -----------10
Gambrinus Honey -----------------25

New buy thread is up: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7468944#post7468944

IMPORTANT NOTE:

There are several splits open on this round. If they close by MAR 19th I will try to get them on this order. Otherwise they move to the next buy thread. Please let me know whether or not you want to stay on the split if it moves.

Splits Available:

I'm willing to just let the Cara 20 go to next buy.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Splits Available:

I will stay on the Carafoam and Carahell splits if they have to be moved to the next buy. But come on, guys, jump on the Weyermann specialty malts bandwagon. Little tidbit about Weyermann that is not much known to the US homebrewing community: They don't sell a lot of base malts, in fact they are already trailing avangard, a maltster that has only been around for very few years. But almost all German breweries get their specialty malts from Weyermann which is really their expertise. So, go check out Carafoam (actually called Carapils outside of the US, trademark issue) and Carahell and help close out these splits!

http://www.weyermann.de/eng/produkte.asp?idkat=18&umenue=yes&idmenue=&sprache=2

Back