DC Area Group Buy #11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 things to consider.

1) If we do it after 2/14 emyers will drop out with his 100# of splits. He's moving out of the area.
Even with a week to spare we need to hustle to close out at least half of the open splits to make the effort worthwhile.

2) If we do it 2/7, we need to close tomorrow. With 14 open splits, I'm sure the majority will be cancelled, making the whole buy kinda moot. I don't think too many of us are interested in doing the show for 10 sacks of splits either. It will also drop us under 30 sacks total as it stands right now.

Last edited:
All right, put me in for:

1X CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
1X BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

From the splits
I will finish off the remaining 15# on WEY1009 - Weyermann® Rye Malt 25 Kg (55 Lb.) from burning_ties

All right, put me in for:

1X CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
1X BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb

From the splits
I will finish off the remaining 15# on WEY1009 - Weyermann® Rye Malt 25 Kg (55 Lb.) from burning_ties

Added. Thanks!

Please put me down for 5# of the split of Briess 2-Row Chocolate from hannibalmdq.

I need some roasted barley but it think i'll just buy some from the three stars shop.

To finish off two splits, I'll add to my order. Please add these additional amounts to my original order.

5# CAS1034 Chateau Special B 25kg (55 lb.) (emyers)

10# WEY1016 Weyermann Vienna 25kg (55 lb.) (burning_ties)

Thanks! At least that's two more splits completed.

Please put me down for 5# of the split of Briess 2-Row Chocolate from hannibalmdq.

I need some roasted barley but it think i'll just buy some from the three stars shop.

Added.

To finish off two splits, I'll add to my order. Please add these additional amounts to my original order.

5# CAS1034 Chateau Special B 25kg (55 lb.) (emyers)
10# WEY1016 Weyermann Vienna 25kg (55 lb.) (burning_ties)

Thanks! At lease that's two more splits completed.

Added. Thanks for closing those 2 splits. We're making some headway.

Now if picking up on the 14th is an issue for you, maybe someone else in your area can do it for you? Someone here may raise a hand if you ask.

44 sacks, 11 of those are open splits with 315# to go. We're getting there slowly. Gobble up those splits while they last.

Note:
If noone comes forth to grab more Carapils/Carafoam, we may want to consolidate the Weyermann CaraFoam with the Briess Carapils.

Looking to help the splits along (and maybe get someone to help me with the Red Wheat; great for Hefeweizen and Kölsch)

I'm game for the following: 5lbs chocolate, 5 beechwood, 5 60L and 5 80L...lots of brewing to do before kid number 2 arrives.

Prost,
Michael

Looking to help the splits along (and maybe get someone to help me with the Red Wheat; great for Hefeweizen and Kölsch)

I'm game for the following: 5lbs chocolate, 5 beechwood, 5 60L and 5 80L...lots of brewing to do before kid number 2 arrives.

Prost,
Michael

Added. Thank you!

295# left in splits.

Put me down for 10# of the melanoiden please.

Added.

44 sacks, 9 of those are open splits with 285# to go. We're getting there slowly. Gobble up those splits while they last.

Note:
If noone comes forth to grab more Carapils/Carafoam, we should consolidate the Weyermann CaraFoam with the Briess Carapils.

To help close this buy, please put me down for:

1 sack of RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

I would also like the following split:

15 pounds of Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1017

Cheers,

Kirk

I'll pick up the remaining 15# of the red wheat from 4minmile.

Added.

Aw, hell. I will take the last 5# of hannibalmdq's split on the Briess 2-Row Chocolate BRI1057

Added.

i'll take 5 pounds of carapils.

Added.

To help close this buy, please put me down for:

1 sack of RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

I would also like the following split:

15 pounds of Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1017

Cheers,

Kirk

Added.

45 sacks, 9 of those are open splits with 245# to go.
We're getting there slowly. Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

Note:
If no-one comes forth to grab more Carapils/Carafoam, we should consolidate the Weyermann CaraFoam with the Briess Carapils.
I've put 10# of Carapils in reserve for Afrohopster if he decides to switch it.

[EDIT] Afrohopster agreed to take the last 15# of Carapils and drop his Carafoam split. There were no other buyers on the foam.

44 sacks, 7 of those are open splits with 185# to go.
We're making progress. Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

In anticipation that the patagonia malt order won't go through I better get some more base malt...

1X Weyermann® Bohemian Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

And to help the splits along:

5# Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa II

Thank You!

I'm adding for myself:

1x Flaked Oats 3205D

46 sacks, 7 of those are open splits with 180# to go.
We're making progress. Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

5 pounds would be great, if you can spare it.

are these oats pre-gelatanized ("quick oats"), or is a cereal mash required?

Sure, 5# for you. If anyone else needs some let me know. I'll add it to the splits list ==> Line 7 - Flaked Oats.
Whatever is left, I'll take.

These oats are called "flaked," but they look rolled to me, just like the "flaked" wheat we've been getting. They look and taste the same as Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. So yes, they are pre-gelatinized through that steaming hot rolling process. No need to cook them, just run them through your mill to facilitate faster dispersion in the mash.

Last edited:
In the home stretch folks...grab what you can cuz we are going to close this soon!! If I counted right we are at 39 sacks, with 8 splits most of which are not close to closing. We can either close this weekend or wait a week...

Put me down for a sack of CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg (55 Lb.) to make it an even 40 sacks.

...thinking we button this up...thoughts???

Does anybody want this stainless steel front from a kegerator? It should fit on just about any college fridge it allows you to fit a sanke keg in a college fridge. It has rain on it, when dried it looks mint. It comes with the hinges attached. Free to whomever wants it, otherwise I'm throwing it out.

IMG_20150124_114409_369.jpg

No rush my friend, just seems we are hitting the sweet spot at 40 sacks. Can wait or close it up...give it a week?

I thought the amount ordered was not an issue anymore when we moved to 3 Stars. Since 1/31 // 2/14 has been on the table for weeks, I'd say that's what most buyers expect. We should stick to that.

Payments due Friday 1/30 at midnight or before.
Pickup Saturday 2/14 at 11:00am at 3 Stars.

There are still 7 splits open (Oats not included, I'll take what's leftover), please try to fill these. If you need any of those grains, here's your chance.

[...] Put me down for a sack of CAS1002 Château Pilsen 2-Row 25 Kg (55 Lb.) to make it an even 40 sacks.

...thinking we button this up...thoughts???

Added.

I'll take 10 lbs of CervezaMaLa's Light Munich Split.

Added.

47 sacks, 7 of those are open splits with 165# to go. Some of these only have 10-25 pounds left.
Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

I would like one sack RAH1004 Pale Malt and 10# each of the light munich and C60 split if available.

Thank you for putting this together.

I would like one sack RAH1004 Pale Malt and 10# each of the light munich and C60 split if available.

Thank you for putting this together.

Added, thank you!
You're very welcome.

48 sacks, 6 of those are open splits with 145# to go. Some of these only have 10-25 pounds left.
Keep gobbling up those splits while they last.

Oi, May I please add a sack and take some splits?

CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter 25kg

10# of CervezaMaLa's Caramel 60L
5# of AfroHopster's Melanoiden

Many thanks :)

Back