DC Area Group Buy #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there as early as possible. Think I'm baby sitting grandkid and picking up son from my ex so it's a full day for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Anything helpful to bring other than shopping/grain bags/buckets? How early can we show to assist with weighing/dividing?

Is the pickup time on the front page--11am--still correct? Or is it TBD?

I'll try to get there early to help out, but with 1 year old twins at home I don't want to push my luck with SWMBO too much ;) So I'll have to feel it out Saturday morning.

Anything helpful to bring other than shopping/grain bags/buckets? How early can we show to assist with weighing/dividing?

Is the pickup time on the front page--11am--still correct? Or is it TBD?

I'll try to get there early to help out, but with 1 year old twins at home I don't want to push my luck with SWMBO too much ;) So I'll have to feel it out Saturday morning.

11 is the official time but they open at 10 and most people that are doing the splits will be there around 10 to start splitting the sacks.

Noted, I'll be able to be there a little early, I don't mind waiting around or what not. My wife is in school until the early afternoon, and she won't be upset anyway.

Bags of all kinds are usually needed, so bring what you have, extras if you can spare them.

Pickup is still TBD...waiting to hear from 3 Stars.

Have not heard if there is anything short...usually the order comes in on Thursdays, so may know this time tomorrow. In any event, when I know, I will post it so no need to ask...

Cheers all!
T

Aside from sorting the sacks we have 90 splits to do, so we can use help weighing and bagging. Teams of 2 works best and we need at least 4 teams.

For those who can help, come early, exact time TBD, per stonebrewer.

If you can help with splits, raise your hand.
We need:
  • Scales
  • Scoops
  • Tables for the scales (flat sturdy surface)
  • Bags, grocery bags are fine (free).

Let us know and I'll add you to the list.

IslandLizard:
Distribution labels
Small scale (16#) + weighting bucket + scoop
Table
Grocery bags (30-40)

*Raise hand*

I haves a ton of grocery bags (some other stores too) I would be happy to donate, my scale is a cheap that only hold up to 6 lbs, but I'll be more than happy to bring it along if it will help.

*Raising Hand*

I have a scale and 10 buckets that hold about 15# grain each..

*Raise hand*

I haves a ton of grocery bags (some other stores too) I would be happy to donate, my scale is a cheap that only hold up to 6 lbs, but I'll be more than happy to bring it along if it will help.

Alright!
Bags, great!

That 6# scale maybe a bit small, most splits are 5# and over, plus the weight of a bucket or so. Let's see who else brings one.

Last night, robfar said he will bring his scale, but he can't transport his table. And we do need some tables, or resort to the floor.

Ill be bringing

- a scale (can weight about 18lbs max)
- bags (a lot)
- Big bowl (holds 10lbs of grain) and scoop

Also a 6 pack of pumpkin ale, and sweet hard cider to share.
2x 32oz growlers of my Kolsch to drink while we work. :mug:

oh and the 2x 20lb Co2 tanks.

Ill be bringing

- a scale (can weight about 18lbs max)
- bags (a lot)
- Big bowl (holds 10lbs of grain) and scoop

Also a 6 pack of pumpkin ale, and sweet hard cider to share.
2x 32oz growlers of my Kolsch to drink while we work. :mug:

oh and the 2x 20lb Co2 tanks.

:rockin:

I'll check my scale to see how high it will go. Might be able to bring some other odds and ends.

My scale goes to 17# or so, and works fine, even with a bucket (and spacer) on top. But I don't do the large splits (15# and over). Some scales top out at 7#, which can still be OK, just weight 2x 5# for a 10# split.

Small table to go with it?

My scale goes to 17# or so, and works fine, even with a bucket (and spacer) on top. But I don't do the large splits (15# and over). Some scales top out at 7#, which can still be OK, just weight 2x 5# for a 10# split.

Small table to go with it?

Now that I think of it, I very well might. Need to check when I get home to see if SOQS is employing it for something else.

* raises hand, sorta *

i'll try to get there as early as possible, but the kiddo's morning nap time will dictate when i can leave. i'll try to make 10:30.

i'll bring my 10 pound scale and a bowl. worked great at the last split. i'll also bring whatever bags i have. i don't have a table. i could bring two milk crates and a piece of wood to put on top - would beat working off the floor.

see if SOQS is employing it for something else.
SOQS? statement of qualifications?

I don't really have any supplies to offer, but I am more than happy to offer my labor in dividing everything up. Just let me know if (1) you need my help and (2) what time I should be there.

I have a 50lb Scale, Buckets n Scoop but no way to haul a table.

Also i'll bring a couple stir plates for those who want them.

Keith,

Could I get a second stir plate from you? I have a couple experiments I am doing which I would need two stirrers going at once.

If not, I completely understand. However, if you do it would be most appreciated!

I could pass the two better bottles I have your way, as trade.

Keith, I'd like one of the stir plates as well if there's enough to go around. My plate has stopped spinning a few times overnight and I think it will die entirely soon. If you have one for me, Mike is picking up my grain this round. Thank you!

I'll be bringing a table. I think it's ~ 3'x4'.

I may also have some spare rare earth magents for those stir plates. I'll try to remember to bring them as well.

I'll bring one of these if I can get there early enough for it to be useful.

FLA-RB-1872-GG-2T.jpg

I'll shoot to be there around 10.

I'll bring a small scale (I think #10) and some bags. Not sure if I have a table that will fit in my car, but I'll check.

Josh

I'll bring 4 or 5 stir plate thingies in. So far only 3 are reserved for: Redskinnfan, Masonjax and gmhowell

If you have an addition stir plate left, I'll be happy to take one. Is there anything you'd like in return? I'm short on beer at the moment, but I could bring some to the next buy to get you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

sounds like all the stirplates are taken, but if there is an extra i have a neighbor who would love one. he will be joining in on the next group buy. he has already used grains from previous buys, AKA mine :D

Does 3 stars sell 6.5 gallon buckets? I have to do a transfer to secondary tomorrow afternoon and I'm out of room after I decided to sell my glass carboy (I've read too many horror stories and I have to move them around the apartment).

Back