dbl choc milk stout not carbing in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antony

Reaction score
Hey gang. Made this double chocolate milk stout (BIAB) on Sept 14th:

9lb Marris Otter
12oz Choc Malt
4oz Crystal 40L
2oz Black Patent
2oz Black Roasted Barley

Mashed at 152 for 90 minutes.

8oz Malto Dextrin
1lb Lactose

1oz Galena (60')
2oz Belgian Cocoa Powder (5')

OG-1.062, FG-1.021 (b/c of the lactose I figure)

WLP 013 (London Ale), I made a 2L starter, pitched it all in

I fermented/secondaried until just last week. I soaked 8oz cocoa nibs in 200ml vodka for 1 day (a splash of creme de cacao too...kinda ridiculous but...) Nibs were put in a new hop sock & suspended with unwaxed dental floss in the keg.

Kegged 8 days ago. PSI is set to 30 for 36hrs, purged, then 12ish for 48 hrs. I've done this before & its worked out well.

So, my problem is that here we are 8 days later and the beer is still flat? I even cranked the psi up to 20 two days ago (overcarbed is better than flat?) & tonight when I got home it just pours fast out of the keg but with no head and undetectable carbonation.

I'm kinda bummed...advice?

Did the vodka do something? I added the 200ml to the keg along with the cocoa nibs. Was it the nibs that killed it? I'm at a loss, any help is greatly appreciated...this is only my 4th batch kegging.

Last edited:
nevermind...been tinkering with it & then I noticed the o-ring was bad. Must've been a slow leak, reset it all, hope it works out.

Back