Dave's Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhollandcpa

Reaction score

Just finished up building a keezer, Jester style with lights and all. This converted my approx 7 cu ft Frigidaire Freezer ($40 on Craigslist). I didn't really have any woodworking experience but I am happy with the results. I will try to upload more of the build pictures later but here is the final version:

IMG_1209.jpg

Thanks. I purposely ran out of homebrew since the freezer was under construction. Now I have to fill it. Belgian wit and an IPA are brewing this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here are some of the build pictures:

Top construction:

IMG_1131.jpg

Putting together the front panel:

IMG_1139.jpg

Front panel all together, with the freezer:

IMG_1140.jpg

Tap assembly, with the cutout for the drip tray:

IMG_1171.jpg

Coffin housing with beverage lines, (I installed a fan to push air through this but dont have a good picture of it):

IMG_1182.jpg

Tiling the top:

IMG_1185.jpg

Back of the "coffin", notice I botched my first controller cutout, which was running into my foam insulation. Thinking about taping over a C to F conversion chart to cover my goof:

IMG_1194.jpg

Finished product:

IMG_1204.jpg

Thanks to those on this forum who have basically answered every conceivable question on building a coffin style keezer here in the DIY section. Made the build go smoother than I could have thought.

You did a really nice job on that. You should be proud. Enjoy the pours.

Cheers.

Very very nice. Starting mine tomorrow. How far apart did you drill the tap holes? Why only 3 taps? What material did you use to build the tower? I have 1x6 and 1x8 poplar not sure what size or what dimensions I should make it. Thanks for the help.

Back