Dark Lord Day 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't even tempted by the coffee stein. This pimp cup is the coolest thang in the beer glass universe in the past few weeks.
tumblr_m5iozt8oCm1qfno87o1_500.gif

Did anyone end up bringing home a rum barrel black Tuesday that you realized wasn't yours when you got home?
I had it, and totally meant to find out whose it was and get it back to them, but it accidentally got traded for a Vanilla Rye. Sorry man. I'll totally send you an apology box, as soon as I pay off some bills and stuff, plus I'm SO busy right now. But by the end of the year for sure.

Kidding - I almost achieved my goal of only bringing home my DL allocation...I accidentally brought home a bottle of Deth's Tar that I drunkenly forgot I'd brought to share.

I had it, and totally meant to find out whose it was and get it back to them, but it accidentally got traded for a Vanilla Rye. Sorry man. I'll totally send you an apology box, as soon as I pay off some bills and stuff, plus I'm SO busy right now. But by the end of the year for sure.

Kidding - I almost achieved my goal of only bringing home my DL allocation...I accidentally brought home a bottle of Deth's Tar that I drunkenly forgot I'd brought to share.

This actually had me going for a minute, wide-eyed and shaking my head. Bravo.

That's why it was believable!
I tried to tick every terrible-#newmoney-dbag checkbox: theft, cliche .rar trade, lame excuses, and use of passive voice to distance myself from responsibility.

The only thing I forgot, in hindsight, was some form of patronizing "chill out man, it's only beer".

I tried to tick every terrible-#newmoney-dbag checkbox: theft, cliche .rar trade, lame excuses, and use of passive voice to distance myself from responsibility.

The only thing I forgot, in hindsight, was some form of patronizing "chill out man, it's only beer".
Cheers!

This is some bull crap. Can somebody please PM me that Tawd pic? I meant to save it earlier, but got too lazy to press the required 3-button-sequence, so came back later and now it's gone?! NEED TO HAVE IT!!

The Hell?

How is commenting on a picture posted to the internet a personal attack?
Reposting the picture for purposes of talking **** about the people in the picture, and then talking **** about the people in the picture, is a pretty clear personal attack on the people in the picture. It doesn't matter who's in the picture or how publicly they posted it originally.

Ain't many rules here, so please try not to get too pissed on the rare occasion that something gets deleted. It usually also makes sense in a case like this to just delete the whole string of replies, because even if one may have been harmless, leaving it there out of context is just weird.

Also, you may have noticed that you didn't receive a warning in the form of a pre-locked conversation or get banned or anything like that. We just deleted it and moved on, because TalkBeer is cool like that, amirite?

Reposting the picture for purposes of talking **** about the people in the picture, and then talking **** about the people in the picture, is a pretty clear personal attack on the people in the picture. It doesn't matter who's in the picture or how publicly they posted it originally.

Ain't many rules here, so please try not to get too pissed on the rare occasion that something gets deleted. It usually also makes sense in a case like this to just delete the whole string of replies, because even if one may have been harmless, leaving it there out of context is just weird.

Also, you may have noticed that you didn't receive a warning in the form of a pre-locked conversation or get banned or anything like that. We just deleted it and moved on, because TalkBeer is cool like that, amirite?

I think the reason you get some degree of pushback on this issue is that certain people who shall not be named work their very hardest to expunge all dissenting views about themselves from the internet. That they ultimately get to have it their way, even in the place where some went to get away from their cult of personality, is going to create some frustration.

In short, you're giving the good medicine, but it tastes bad going down. :(

personally i like to see mod-edited posts saying "edited out personal attacks" so it isn't just a mystery when something happened. but if it's a lot of posts, i certainly understand that it's a lot easier to delete.

Your site, your rules my man.

I think the reason you get some degree of pushback on this issue is that certain people who shall not be named work their very hardest to expunge all dissenting views about themselves from the internet. That they ultimately get to have it their way, even in the place where some went to get away from their cult of personality, is going to create some frustration.

In short, you're giving the good medicine, but it tastes bad going down. :(

by medicine you mean penis, right?

Received my Dark Matter order today. The quality is definitely not what it was last year (zero ****s, still happy with the glasses) and more importantly the goblet/chalice/pimp cup is ridiculous and I love it. You could hammer in nails with this thing.

Purple seemed really rushed. Actually have a lil purple smear on my pimp cup. Will still break in on Sunday.

You guys had purple ink on your stein/chalice? Mine had gold and no problems as far as production errors.

Chalice totally worked for drinking 21oz. of Deth's Tsar -- though, damn, when you pour it all in one glass, you drink it so much more quickly. How 'bout that?!

Back