Danby Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using my Danby 4.4 CF refrigerator with my CO2 tank in the fridge with a picnic tap. I decided I didn't want the tank inside and I wanted the capability of adjusting pressures independently to the 2 kegs. I've got the gas side completed and I am waiting to get the funds to buy the taps.

I drilled 2 holes in the pan in back for the CO2 lines going to the kegs.
Gas%20disconnects_zpsjznohory.jpg

The two secondary regulators are attached to the side of the fridge on a piece of wood glued to the side. As you can see, I've used my old primary and secondary regulator.
Dual%20Secondaries_zpsn4igx5gl.jpg

Now all I need to do is get the taps and carve out the bits and pieces needed to make room for the second keg.

Interested to see how this finishes up.. I'm doing something similar soon.

Are you doing anything to seal the holes around the hoses like a rubber grommet? Has anyone talked about the best way to reduce cold leakage?

Interested to see how this finishes up.. I'm doing something similar soon.

Are you doing anything to seal the holes around the hoses like a rubber grommet? Has anyone talked about the best way to reduce cold leakage?

The holes I drilled for the CO2 lines are slightly larger than the lines. I filled around them with bathtub calking. I can't feel any air leaking so I think it worked. Grommets are probably a better idea.
I'll be installing 2 Perlick 630SS taps in the door.

Today I was able to get all of the pieces cut out that where in the way of the second keg. As suggested in this forum, I covered all cuts with aluminum tape.
I was able to cut out the drink holder housing without having to cut the side of the door. One exception was where there was a bump out for the housing where I cut off about a 2 inch piece.

kegorator%20door%20parts%20removed_zpsn3cuq0oj.jpg

The ball lock kegs fit in snug but not bad.
kegorator%20w%20kegs_zpsxagn7efp.jpg

I was able to get the shanks installed but I am now waiting on the faucets to arrive. They should have arrived today but someone screwed up.

Shanks%20Installed_zpsxl5ypc41.jpg

Back