Damn you HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackAlley

Reaction score
Grain milled by shiny new monster mill, mash water in kettle, starter wort in the erlenmeyer, WLP007 standing by, Stone Enjoy By in the pint glass. Typing out my gloating post and......boil over.

Damn you HBT! See you in the brew morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Vigilance becomes harder and harder the deeper into a bomber of 9.4% DIPA you get!

Well, perhaps brew with something more "sessionable" until you've pitched your yeast. :D Or skip the posting...but then again, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I haven't done both.

post from your phone. Of course then you'd have to put your beer down. Nevermind bad idea. :D

I have a rule against beers above 5% ABV until after hot break. So far it has served me well! Strategy is a key.

Scoop the foop Sir! At least it works for me. Getting rid of those proteins gobs as they form keeps them from forming a cap and giving you a boil over. Keeps everything calm through the rest of the boil too. After you have scooped the foop you can pick your glass up again without having to worry.

General rule of thumb: No beer until the wort is in the boil kettle. By the time your 9.4% starts to kick in you're already well past the point of needing to worry about boil overs.

Well the boil over was just the starter wort in the flask. Next time I'll just take it easy until and lay off the HBT app until that's off the flame.

Latest posts

Back