Damn Snow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the cold weather. I can chill down my water jugs outside overnight so I dont have to use a wort chiller :)

Hey, I'm not damning any snow, that's for sure! Love the stuff! I'm a bit OCD so I actually enjoy shoveling my walks (I get to do a really, really precise job of it!) and I have AWD, so driving is no problem... And I have a super thick winter coat!

Smart bear use tools.

Well, since this thread actually ended up in a more appropriate forum,

The reason I posted this morning was that I had fully intended to brew my first all-grain batch tomorrow afternoon. I ordered grains last week for a simple cream stout for my first AG and they were scheduled to be here this morning.

When I got home from work last night I checked my tracking number and I see the dreaded "Your package has experienced an exception" the exception "Adverse weather conditions".

So, with any luck I'll be brewing on Friday...........assuming there isn't a tsunami or volcano in Lexnexa KS over the next 24 hours.

If you want to curse the two feet of pow that we got in the mountains, we can't be friends.

So, with any luck I'll be brewing on Friday...........assuming there isn't a tsunami or volcano in Lexnexa KS over the next 24 hours.

Aha, FedEx! If it makes you feel better, I shipped 3 packages on Monday.... they were last seen departing Lenexa yesterday mid-day...........and have not been tracked since. Yay for shipping through the aethereal void! :D :D :D

Aha, FedEx! If it makes you feel better, I shipped 3 packages on Monday.... they were last seen departing Lenexa yesterday mid-day...........and have not been tracked since. Yay for shipping through the aethereal void! :D :D :D

Actually UPS...I think they both have a major hub in Lenexa.....But Fed-Ex, UPS they are all the same poo different smell really.

I imagine my 1056 is frozen solid too...which sucks becuase I was really hopping to brew an APA right after the holidays with yeast washed from this batch....

Back