D-bag comments in the classifieds, a rant.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mb2658

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the increase in *****ey comments, especially in the classifieds? It goes a little something like this: Member A lists something for sale. Member DB comments how he doesn't need what Member A has because he has something that is 50 million times better or that he doesn't need to buy a certain item that is in limited supply because he bought 5000 of them back when they were available. Since when did the classifieds turn into a place for people to brag about their gear? If you aren't talking about the item(s) that are posted for sale, don't post at all.

I fully agree. Too many times I've seen people post in an ad for the sole purpose of saying the price is too high with no intention of buying even if the price was better. If you've got a problem with how something is priced and you aren't a serious buyer, keep your mouth shut. If you are a serious buyer, make an offer.

The current post in the classifieds about the counter pressure bottle filler is a good example.

I've been a grumpy jerk about things like this for years. Where I see it most often is on sites with recipes. Oh, you dont eat lamb? That was interesting, I'm glad you shared. Actually no, stfu. Do something that will get you hurt.

I was just thinking about this. The one that always gets me is when somone is off kegs and you know everytime some DB is going to post " 40 dollars plus shipping, my LHBS still sells them for 25, glad I live here."

Bullshi* stories some people tell.

I didn't think Deathbrewer was around much anymore. Guess he just hangs out in classifieds now. :D

I understand that some people post things that come to their mind just because they want to be a part of the conversation and they see an opening to do so. I do that myself (I did it in this thread in fact)... but people need to think before they talk.

The current post in the classifieds about the counter pressure bottle filler is a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeergeek
Thanks! I love it to death. One of the best brewing investments I've made in the past 2 years, easily. Good luck with the sale.
sounds like you made a lot of sh*tty brewing investments.

I just read that, did you see this. I really started to laugh when I read that.

I just read it. I would say that big beer's post was actually not too bad. It came off to me as if to say "If I didnt have this beer gun, I would be interested." The response about sh*tty brewing investments, IMHO, crossed over from snarky into dbag territory.

I just read it. I would say that big beer's post was actually not too bad. It came off to me as if to say "If I didnt have this beer gun, I would be interested." The response about sh*tty brewing investments, IMHO, crossed over from snarky into dbag territory.

I was a bit buzzed when I posted last night. Seems to have twisted a pair of panties or two. I wished good luck on the sale more than once. I bumped things by commenting on the item, albeit not as an interested buyer. People should probably try to relax a little -- wishing physical harm on someone you don't know over a comment like "Sorry I own a beer gun. Good luck!" is uncalled for. I'm genuinely sorry for upsetting anyone on the forum, my intent wasn't to troll. Late night on the HBT, makin' with the talky-talk, that's all.

How bad it was is obviously subject to debate (although its probably not worth debating :D), but I think a strong argument can be made that you should only post in a classified if you're interested in the item.

Or, put another way: If you wouldn't call to tell the guy/gal who posted a classified in a newspaper something, don't type it in the his/her classified thread. :p

I see it as a deserved response.

If I'm selling something I don't need people telling me "Sorry, I already have this other product that does the same thing!". It's a pointless comment and, at least to me, it seems like he's taking this as an opportunity to brag on his stuff a bit.

If he would’ve said, “Wow I bought one of these and love it. This price is a steal and someone should really pick this up.” or something else along those lines then I wouldn’t see much of a problem.

By the way, everytime you post something I picture you saying it with the dog and the smile. LOL. :off:

How bad it was is obviously subject to debate (although its probably not worth debating :D), but I think a strong argument can be made that you should only post in a classified if you're interested in the item.

Or, put another way: If you wouldn't call to tell the guy/gal who posted a classified in a newspaper something, don't type it in the his/her classified thread. :p

For lease: Adequate sexual equipment. Offer valid only for qualified applicants. Some restrictions apply.

What are your rates? Probably not as good as mine. I got a great deal on it from my local equipment store before they closed down, so you won't be able to get anything nearly as good as mine or for the same price.....

Good luck with the lease!

What are your rates? Probably not as good as mine. I got a great deal on it from my local equipment store before they closed down, so you won't be able to get anything nearly as good as mine or for the same price.....

Good luck with the lease!

I am SO glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read that!

Pscht! Store bought sexual equipment. This here is home grown. 100% organic. The one of a kind real deal.

Nobody, and I mean, no body, wants your cut rate beginners kit. If you want to have real sex, you need real gear.

For lease: Adequate sexual equipment. Offer valid only for qualified applicants. Some restrictions apply.

Sorry, I own a Blichmann beer gun. I love it to death. One of the best sexual investments I've made in the past 2 years, easily. Good luck with the sale.

Sorry, I own a Blichmann beer gun. I love it to death. One of the best sexual investments I've made in the past 2 years, easily. Good luck with the sale.

Good good. You should consider getting a beer gun, it's a fantastic way to bottle kegged beer.

When seeing DB comments, hit the report button and let the mods know.

In the same category as this are members who feel compelled to post in the company review forum when they are not customers of the company. Puzzling . . .

I don't know about for lease but I have some I will rent. Slightly abused by myself and others. However, I know it will take a beating and keep working. ;)

I see it as a deserved response.

If I'm selling something I don't need people telling me "Sorry, I already have this other product that does the same thing!". It's a pointless comment and, at least to me, it seems like he's taking this as an opportunity to brag on his stuff a bit.

If he would’ve said, “Wow I bought one of these and love it. This price is a steal and someone should really pick this up.” or something else along those lines then I wouldn’t see much of a problem.

When seeing DB comments, hit the report button and let the mods know.

In the same category as this are members who feel compelled to post in the company review forum when they are not customers of the company. Puzzling . . .

As Pappers said, when you see thread crapping, hit the "report this post" button and let the mods handle it. It is against our forum rules to do this, but if no one reports it we don't know.

"I woke up this morning with a bad hangover, and my adequate sexual equiptment was missing again, this happens all the time... its detachable"
I don't know about for lease but I have some I will rent. Slightly abused by myself and others. However, I know it will take a beating and keep working. ;)

He hasnt put out a bad song ever. Being a weird little college kid, I spent hours with various liquid and burning intoxicants listening and dissecting his songs, and then trying to use their deep meanings on girls at the bar. Strangely enough, it worked sometimes.

Check out "The Boy Made of Bone China" if you want a really good one that will annoy the bejoobus out of your SWMBO.

:ban:
I haven't heard that song in a couple of decades I think...

Love the guitar riff, but ultimately the end of the song is fulfilling.

Back