Pittsburgh Beer related "must sees"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcs226

Reaction score
I will be in Pittsburgh this upcoming week for a conference. I'm looking to the locals to give me an insiders advantage of the must see locations while I am there. It will be the first time in Pittsburgh in awhile. Bars, breweries, brew pubs, bottle shops, etc..

Great places to eat for lunch and dinner will be appreciated as well. Preferably with a great draft selection!

Thanks in advance
Rs

+1 on Church Brew Works...it's a beautiful place, and they have awesome food...check out the daily perogie special, and they usually have some sort of stout special that is really good...

Honestly, have to +1 Primanti's too...One of the best places to get breakfast in the city is the Strip District Primanti's...they don't have any craft beer, but an Iron City is pretty good for washing down a damn good sammich! Just remember, the first thing you do is put your hand on top and squarsh it down as much as you can so you can even remotely attempt to get your mouth around a bite of it! Also, if you ask anyone from the 'Burgh about the place, they will pronounce it "Permaney's"

Fat Heads in the South Side is a *great* beer bar...also has very good food...

Any of the Mad Mex restaurants (totally awesome local Tex-Mex chain run by a group that also operates several high end restaurants in the city) will have a very good tap selection, and their boneless wings are killer! I wish they would bottle all their sauces so I could take them back to NC with me! Their margaritas are pretty damn good (and potent too...have a few good stories about SWMBO and Mad Mex margaritas)!

Edit: and before you ask, No, I can't tell the SWMBO/Mad Mex margarita stories here...

rcs226 said:
I will be in Pittsburgh this upcoming week for a conference. I'm looking to the locals to give me an insiders advantage of the must see locations while I am there. It will be the first time in Pittsburgh in awhile. Bars, breweries, brew pubs, bottle shops, etc..

Great places to eat for lunch and dinner will be appreciated as well. Preferably with a great draft selection!

Thanks in advance
Rs

Bars; Fat Heads, Pipers Pub, Hough's, Sharp Edge, Carson St Deli, Smokin Joes Saloon, D's six pack and dogs.

Breweries/Brew Pubs: East End Brewing, Penn Brewery, Fat Heads (brew their beer in Ohio but most of it is offered in Pittsburgh), Rock Bottom, Church Brew Works, Rivertowne.

Bottle Shops: D's six pack and dogs, Smokin Joes Saloon, House of 1,000 Beers.

Food: Fat Heads, Carson St Deli, Point Brugge, Pipers Pub, Cure, Fukuda, Kaya, Meat & Potatoes,

Some of the places I listed are a 10-30 min drive from downtown. PM with any questions.

Ill second Fatheads in the South Side. Try the house DIPA, Headhunter. Very good stuff. The food, especially the wings, are pretty good also.

Back