Cyser blend ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerhd36

Reaction score
So I have about 4 gallons of a backsweetened mulled cider I made for Christmas last year. It was my first try at cider and turned out pretty good, even though I feel like I added too much spice. So I was considering making a mead to blend this with to make something new for this year. I specifically had in mind something similar to Kurt's apple pie from moonlight. I seem to remember an episode of the session where they talked w Michael about it and I thought they gave a recipe, but I can't seem to find it. Any idea what episode this was? Any ideas on a recipe that I could blend with this cider that I have, or have a recipe for Kurt's? Thanks for the help!

Thanks. Didn't know there was a new episode till you posted it. The recipe sounds great, and easy. He adds his juice in place of water during primary. I
wouldn't be able to do that with the cider I have now. I'll prolly make a separate batch of Kurt's, But I'll still have this cider I want to do something different with. I guess I could just blend it with a new batch of cider.

Back