Cutting Electrical Wire on Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolabrew85

Reaction score
My chest freezer I am converting has one electrical wire from the outlet to the compressor and then another from the compressor (or thereabouts) up to the lid. I am pretty sure the second wire up to the lid only powers a light on the lid to show it is running. The issue is the wire going to the lid doesn't have enough slack to reach the lid once the collar is added, so I need to cut that wire and secure it. What do I do after cutting it, so I don't have exposed wires? A bunch of electrical tape or some caps? This is very basic I think. I just done know. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450325199.128833.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450325227.495684.jpg

Very well possible it's only for the light. If you want to keep the light, replace that whole wire from the bottom up after the collar is mounted. Splice the new one onto the old in that compressor cavity. I wouldn't want wire nuts dangling behind the keezer out in the open. They carry 120V!

Latest posts

Back