Current/Future Brews; Your Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kn3jansent

Reaction score
Hello all....I'm a long time lurker on Homebrewtalk and I finally decided to get an account and join in. My brews usually lean more towards the unique, so what better place to start than sharing what I currently have going.

In Secondary:
Old Ale - Brewed in January and sitting in secondary until June or July. One gallon is on oak cubes, one gallon is on one pound of Door County cherries, and the remaining 3 gallons is aging by itself. The ABV is around 12% and a brett blend was used for fermentation so these will definitely age well.

Persian Brown Ale - This brew was inspired by Persian sweets. It is a basic brown ale with the addition of crushed cardamom seeds and date syrup late in the boil. To kick things up another notch, I also added some rosewater when I racked it into the secondary. I am currently undecided as to whether or not I will use more date syrup to prime it come bottling time.

Rhubarb Wine -The ingredients of this consisted of pretty much just rhubarb, sugar, water, and yeast. I made this with a friend this past October and bottled it in January. It was a bit hot at bottling time but I'm hoping that it will be ready to drink this summer.

Vanilla Jamaica Mead - This is a one gallon experiment that I fermented last fall. Instead of using water I used a jamaica (hibiscus) tea. After initial fermentation, I racked it to secondary along with some vanilla extract that I made from a few beans on my stove. I will be bottling this one soon. My hope is that it makes for a nice summer mead.

Just bottled:
Edworts Apfelwein - Just a straight up Edworts Apfelwein that I brewed for my fiance, as she is not a beer drinker.

Possible Future Brews:
Charlie Papazian's Goat Scrotum Ale - I've always wanted to brew this and just never got around to it. I'm not sure which or how many of the special ingredients I would use. I might also want to oak or dry hop this one.

Bourbon Barrel Brown Ale - I'm thinking about doing something kind of like Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale...something a bit lighter than most bourbon barrel ales out there. Perhaps more of a British brown ale for a bit of an old world/new world twist.

Pu Erh Ale - I'm a big fan of aged Chinese Pu Erh tea and would like to incorporate it into a brew in the future. Since it is a rather dark and robust tea I think that it may work well in a porter or stout.

So....now that I've shared all of my current brews and future ideas, what do you all think?

Latest posts

Back