Curious about what people have measured for there lowest FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saabmike

Reaction score
Im just Curious about what people have measured for there lowest FG? have have made a couple batches of cider before but have never gotten this low of a final gravity especially so quickly. My current batch is 3 gallons of local cider, dark brown sugar, pectic enzyme, yeast nutrients and Lavin 1118. my starting Gravity was measured at 1.082 and is currently at .996 at 5 days in. I have heard that the Lavin ec1118 was a beast but i wasn't expecting to beast it that quick. i might try and make this batch an Apple wine not sure yet.

As I understand it, that stuff can go through pounds of sugar and still scream "GIMME MORE!" I've seen it referenced as "a bulldozer" several times on this site.

The lowest marking on my hydrometer is 0.998 and it has gotten well below that making me guess at anywhere from 0.994 to 0.996 but with a low confidence

Thanks for everyone's input!!! So she seems to have stalled out after 7 days .996

"Done"="Stalled out" the reason I used the term stalled out is because its going to be back sweetened to jump start the yeast for a bottle carb then Pasteurized.

Back