Curious about occupations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you from a technical background

• Yes indeed.

• Not at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.
sudsmonkey said:
CMAR? Yer talkin over my head again. If you'd like, I'll lay off just a little until, say 9:05 so you can start to catch up.
Cry Me A River

That would be 10:05 your time...couldn't ask that of a guy. :D

Thanks for explaining. Thanks for not asking that much of me, too. I'll be in bed reading by then. When I left off last night, I could see spot running. The picture shows him chasing a ball. I expect that part's coming up soon. Can't wait!

sudsmonkey said:
My man, you are messing up the line of the thread! There's a big time lapse in there. Keep up , Suds! Keep up!
Just switch to threaded mode...it allows for parallel drunkeness. :D

Hey! That's really cool! Sorta puts everything in synch. I have to hold the book with 2 hands and close one eye. Wait, you're sober! Responsibility and all that. What kind of school keeps kids there until 9pm central time( or is it mountain time, I forget?)? Can I sign my kids up there? They're homeschooled and always around.

OK, best I can tell from this point in the thread is that you guys have gone to bed. What's up with that? El Pistolero is crying himself to sleep and Sudsmonkey is goin down with a grudge. Caint figure this one out. I need more time guys.

You gotta go to Threaded Mode. It's better here. In truth, I'm not sure how to do it, but don't tell El P. that. He thinks I'm there, but being a psychic, he probably knows I'm not. Darn Psychic! :mad:

sudsmonkey said:
What kind of school keeps kids there until 9pm central time( or is it mountain time, I forget?)? Can I sign my kids up there? They're homeschooled and always around.
It's a college class. My oldest was home schooled too...now he's 16 and just started his second year of college.

Similarities abound! I know this isn't a homeschool site, but how did his homeschool credits stack up when it came time for college? And why isn't that kid driving so the Old Man can relax with a brew?

He's just going to a local JC right now...don't know how his homeschool credits will look when he's ready to step up, but figure if he gets good enough grades in JC it'll take care of itself. He's not driving yet because I procrastinated for a year in getting him enrolled in drivers ed...10 more weeks tho and he can start driving himself...I'm planning a binge. :cool:

Sir,
I must apologize for leaving the thread or your...uh... thread. Seems that your original assumtion was right. More techies make their own beer than "professional" people. Good for us, huh?

I formulated my hypothesis based on my past experience of being involved in the Windsurfing Club during my college days. Year in year out, the vast majority of the members that would join up would be from "that" (my) end of the campus. The Business/Law/Arts/etc faculties would never seem to take it up in such numbers. (much to our disappointment tbh, as the women from those faculties were typically the women we most wanted to see in wetsuits for some reason!! :)). We kinda figured that they thought that it was too much hassle, whereas the technical minded ones didn't really mind about the hassle. Figured it'd be the same with brewing.

I guess I'd be considered technical.
I'm a weather forecaster too. Sometimes I think my "gut" forecasts are better than my technical forecasts though. All I think is that its cool to have a job where you are expected to be WRONG. :cross:

DesertBrew--GREAT AVATAR.

*puts another mark up on the technical side of the chalk board*

On the topic of avatars, el pistolero's new one is interesting, yet almost creepy looking.

i hated school, sucked at math and science, but loved history. but, knowing who shot who over what parcel of land doesn't pay the bills. so, i got an AAS in Occupational Safety and Health and have been doing indistrial hygiene and environmental work in the Petro/Chem industry for 15 years. now i'm the regional manager for the arm pit of Texas. :cross:

DeRoux's Broux said:
now i'm the regional manager for the arm pit of Texas. :cross:
If you're the arm pit, what's that make Houston...the colon? :eek:

Which of course makes Texas City the...

Back