• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Crown EC10 Steam Jacket Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyumlong

Reaction score
All stainless steel Crown 10 gallon electric tilting steam kettle. Its in great condition. The restaurant I bought it from said it works but I have not been able to test it since its 3 phase. It can be ran from residential 2 phase but you need a converter to do it. I found some on ebay for around $150 but haven't bought one yet. My friend and I are planning on starting a micro brewery in the next year and this was going to be our first kettle (it still might end up that way). I am trying to sell it to get money for earlier start up costs like permits and deposits and such. I kind of jumped the gun on the equipment since it will take a lot of time and money before we make our first drop of beer. Anyway its very nice, I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it so far, it weighs about 200 lbs and is appoximately 21x30x48tall.
I am in Fort Wayne, IN and can drop it off at any shipper you like if you aren't local, but you will have to make shipping arrangements (I can assist if needed). I am asking $1,600. All of them that I have found for sale are $2,000+ so I think this is a fair deal. I know its not a steal but I'm not in a position where I have to/need to sell it so I don't plan on taking less. There are a lot of benefits of using a steam kettle that can be found if you do a little bit of reading about them. Other than that if you have any questions l will answer as soon as possible. Thanks for looking.

281.jpg

279.jpg

I think this is really cool in theory. But man that is a lot of bread for a 10G pot that we don't even know works. Good luck

cidahmastah said:
i think this is really cool in theory. But man that is a lot of bread for a 10g pot that we don't even know works. Good luck

+1

These kettles can be rewired to run on single phase power. http://www.cpsohio.com/app/load/manual1.aspx?id=SBR119 This link will give you the wiring diagram for this series of steam kettles. I currently have a Market Forge EC-6 steam kettle that was wired for 3 phase when I purchased it. It was quite simple to follow the diagram and change the wiring on the terminal block to allow it to operate on single phase power. You need to be aware however that switching from 3 phase to 1 phase will increase the amperage draw of the appliance. In my case, the power requirement went from 19 to 32 amps...

Latest posts

Back