crosbyhops.com not selling to homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavius

Reaction score
They re-done their web page and it looks like the minimum is a 10 lb bale. Now, I'm a hop head but even that is too much. Can't even see how to order a 10 lb bale.

I've sent them an email but thought you guys would know the score. The last order I placed was back in 2013. I usually order 3 lb at a go.

Cheers

Not the first time a beer ingredient supplier has done this. Sometimes it's just not cost effective to cater to the little guys, but rather leave that to the distributors or retail stores.

they are hop growers/farmers. I can see why they dont wanna bother with sending out 10,000 1oz packages of cascade. They deal in bulk and the craft market is very strong.

Was their pricing better than say Yakima Valley Hops? I would go through them or something else. I get why they would not want to send an ounce at a time. As a grower, they likely would prefer to line up larger orders.

Thanks for the replies!

Just got an email saying that they are still selling 1 lb bags (the new website is under construction)

Prices are comparable with Yokima Valley Hops, but it looks like YVH have Amarillo leaf hops!

crosbyhops.com ship their hops in vacuum, aluminum(?) bags and I've been very happy with the quality.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back