Crooked dimple on keg for bushing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

403Brewer

Reaction score
I've done the method of pulling through a tapered metal fitting to create a dimple to solder a 1/2" bushing on my keggle, the issue is that is came through crooked and I'm a bit concerned about pushing through the actual bushing now and having it crooked as well...can I just hammer it into a neutral position when I have it pulled through and apply lots of solder to seal it...or anyone have any suggestions?? I'm too far into it to go back now haha...thanks!

Please DO let us know how it went and please provide pics as this could help someone else in the future.

I have bayou classics so my walls are pretty thin... but i just thread in a fitting(like a valve) for leverage, then use a bit of force to position the fitting how i need. If you stretch the hole too much and the fitting is loose, just remove the fitting and tap the edge of the hole in whatever direction you need for it to be a tighter fit. Again, pretty easy with my pots...

Back