Critique of my Brown Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelPeat

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm living in Seoul and I find it hard to get supplies for homebrew, but I think this recipe might be good with what I can get:
6.6 lbs Light Dry Malt Extract
1.1 lbs Caramunich II
1.1 lbs Caraaroma
1 oz Hallertau Tradition pellets 10% AA (60min)
.5 oz Saaz pellets3.1% aA (20min)
Safale S04

I'm sure this will work out nicely. Good malt flavoring with a little kick of hops. Probably will finish a lil cleaner with us-05 but regardless you should make a nice brown.

Just my opinion - but you might want to consider cutting the steeping grains down to about 250g of each. It's usually recommended to keep the amount of the these to about 10% of the total "grain bill" so they don't "overpower" your brew.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the insight. When I steeped the grains I did notice a lot of flavour, colour, and aroma from the grains when I had a small taste. It may be a tad bit malty. I'll let you know how it turns out when I crack the first bottle in a few weeks.

Just cracked the first brew today. It is very malty, but not overpowering. It is actually really nice. It has tonnes of flavour, I can't wait to share this.

Latest posts

Back