Critique a recipe and add tips?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KFBass

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So my grandfather, my dad, and myself are getting together to bust a family brew session. The recipe we, and my local supplier, came up with is as follows:

3lb pale wheat malt
3lb amber dme
.25lb chocolate malt
2lb Canadian 2-row
1/2oz Perle for bittering full 60 min boil
1oz saaz for aroma/bittering 20 min boil
wyeast 1007

I ordered more then necessary due to the bulk supplies and odd amounts so I can make a slightly modified version of this. I'm not sure exactly what type to call this, but looks like it's leaning towards a darkish wheat kinda beer?

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Any tips on brewing to make this turnout the best it possibly can! Thanks!

Dunkel Weizen is the style, close enough. Mini-mash the 2-row and chocolate.

This beer style is characterized by a distinct sweet maltiness and a chocolate like character from roasted malt. Estery and phenolic elements of this Weissbier should be evident but subdued. Color can range from copper-brown to dark brown. Dunkel Weissbier is well attenuated and very highly carbonated, and hop bitterness is low. Hop flavor and aroma are absent. Usually dark barley malts are used in conjunction with dark cara or color malts, and the percentage of wheat malt is at least 50 percent

Thanks. That's what I figured, i just didnt know how "authentic" it would be, but whatever, in in it for taste.

Any tips to bring out the best? Maybe i should just stop reading zymurgy and getting ahead of myself. My methods have worked so far...

Latest posts

Back