Crap. Forgot to put my White Labs yeast into the fridge last night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
I had the yeast in a fridge at work all day. I got home around 9:45 last night and accidentally forgot to put the yeast in the fridge so it sat out in about 72 degree room for about 10 hours. I've seen this question asked a million times (will this yeast be ok to pitch) but I haven't seen this asked about a small batch beer. This is going to be a 1.75 gallon beer. I'm brewing today and I don't make starters because I pitch the whole packet (made for 5 gallons) into a 1.75 gallon beer. I'm assuming even if there was some loss, for such a small beer this should still be ok. This is a re-brew from my last beer that went wrong so I'd like to get this one right this time. It's a bigger beer 1.088og. Thanks!

You probably will have experienced NO loss to the temperature. 72 degrees is not hot enough to cause a problem in that short period of time. The problem come in transport when in the back of a delivery truck at temperatures over 100 F.

Back