Craigslist jackpot!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMiddle

Reaction score
so I see an ad on craigslist for a "Non working dual tap tower bar back fridge". I thought to myself "Hell yeah! I will strip the towers off and scrap the fridge since its probably junk" So I finally get ahold of the lady and she says that the cooler just wont cool, and that the service guy said the coil has gone bad and needs replaced. So I arrange a buddy to help me load it since she keeps telling me that its 400lbs.

I get there and it turns out that this thing is sweet! (Continental KC59) Nice enough that I figure I had better atleast try to fix it when i get home. (Pics below are of the same model"

Heres where it gets even better.... After we got it loaded, I go back inside to grab some screws i had removed and she says "Ive got the rest of the stuff over here", puzzled as to what was left, I followed her. Waiting for me was a 5lb CO2 tank, regulator, 2-way distributor, and 2 count them TWO Ball lock Kegs!!!

when i got home and unloaded it, i tore the covers off, cleaned the coil and motor, plugged it in and it is currently sitting the the garage with a temp at 33 degrees!

and the best part you ask?!?! THIS WAS ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!
Man I was like a little kid on chrismas all day!

15081.jpg

Congrats! That is an epic score from the "give-a-way" section of the world. I'm pleased to see this get snatched by someone that appreciates it and will use it. It would amaze you how much good stuff gets thrown away in world today because the right people weren't there at the right time to take it.

I do love to see someone score a win. You sir, have made my day. Enjoy your good fortune and I hope it continues.

:mug:

I don't remember if I have said "You Suck!" yet? Probably not, so You Suck!
Just as many of us reading this are thinking, "WTF?" ****!, Dammit! j/k
You are a very blessed man indeed. I do hope, when the time comes for you to pay it forward, you will. I don't believe all things in life that happen are by accident. One day, a passionate new brewer may come along and needs a pot just about the size of the one you don't use any more, well, there you go.

Hater #3459 here.

What a score.

Somebody today was trying to tell me that craigslist is bad, just because of a few scams she has heard about.

I love craigslist!

I have gotten rid of so much crap for money, and gotten so much new crap for cheap! :)

You're happy that you have it. She's happy that it's gone. I'm happy that some knucklehead didn't grab it and render it for scrap value.
Today is a good day!

Dude, what a great score! Great karma on that one!

Cheers!

Somebody today was trying to tell me that craigslist is bad, just because of a few scams she has heard about.

I love craigslist!

I have gotten rid of so much crap for money, and gotten so much new crap for cheap! :)

Same here. I don't mind making a transaction if it's not in the ghetto. I always, always carry my pistol whether I buy or sell. And never sell from my home.

i asked her if they brewed or if they got the kegs filled somewhere. She said neither, her husband would go buy a couple cases of canned beer and dump them in a keg and re-carbonate it, and that she would dump bottles of wine in and carbonate it. kind of made me chuckle a bit.. She was a sweetheart though!! Told her she would be invited to the unavailing party when i had it fixed and threw a couple oh my kegs in it..

I was happy for you until I seen you are in Iowa, now im sad for me. Please tell me you aren't in Des Moines.

Live in Ankeny, picked it all up in Norwalk from the Des Moines craigslist! Sorry man...

Latest posts

Back