Craft/Homebrewing Neighborhoods in Twin Cities

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andvari7

Reaction score
Let me be clear: I am NOT being forced to move anywhere because of beer. I am moving to the Twin Cities for a job. A real job. But, I like drinking craft beer. I like making beer. I need to find my next residence in the next month or two, and I was wondering what neighborhoods are the most conducive to our hobby.

Northeast Mpls has the most taprooms, and is home of the Nordeast Brewers Alliance(NBA) club. You've got homebrew stores within 20 minutes of you in all directions.
Housing stock can be crappy, especially pre-war age.

Housing is pretty expensive and has very quick turnaround right now especially in south or southwest Minneapolis. Not sure about Saint Paul though I imagine it's just as bad for buyers.

I'm not sure what you mean by conducive though. There are a number of clubs around, some more neighborhood based and others less so.

Northern Brewer has stores in St Paul and south Minneapolis, and Midwest is in St Louis Park just a few minutes west. Brew and Grow (?) is in the NW suburbs somewhere.

Taprooms are pretty spread out but there are a ton of them. It's not Portland where theres literally one every other block but at least two or three within easy biking or driving distance of most neighborhoods. I'm 10 minutes away from 5 (plus a distillery) with another nearby taproom opening this fall. And I'm not in the NE.

Latest posts

Back