Cosmos : A space time oddesy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusKillion

Reaction score
Okay did any one else watch this last week ?
I was ready for a good show but was sadly disappointed as this turned into a snooze fest and a cartoon that was quite boring . Very little in the way of good information .
Hoping this Sunday the show takes a turn for the better.

no idea, but was this narrated by Neil Degrasse Tyson (black guy)?

yes it was . I like him . See him a lot on the history channel . how ever in this he was simply boring . The script was bad . The content was not shown in a good way and was simply not all that informative as to the shows supposed content .
Well it was the first show and so i will give it another watch Sunday as it may just ramp up with better stuff. they were starting off with the beginning of the universe by way of flying around time in a virtual space ship . So maybe the next show will get into more detail of events .

yes it was . I like him . See him a lot on the history channel . how ever in this he was simply boring . The script was bad . The content was not shown in a good way and was simply not all that informative as to the shows supposed content .
Well it was the first show and so i will give it another watch Sunday as it may just ramp up with better stuff. they were starting off with the beginning of the universe by way of flying around time in a virtual space ship . So maybe the next show will get into more detail of events .

I like that guy. He's got a great podcast called Star Talk that I listen to a lot.

I heard him talk at a conference once and he was very entertaining.

I like that guy. He's got a great podcast called Star Talk that I listen to a lot.

I heard him talk at a conference once and he was very entertaining.

I will have to check out that podcast. I really enjoy anything about the planets and stars .

This show did have a bit of good info in it . Said there was 2 trillion ? galaxies in the universe . Now that tells me there is other life out there . Not thinking so would be like saying in the entire ocean there is only a guppy and no other life .

That's the problem with any show like this: the people who are the most excited about it are the most likely to be disappointed. It's made for prime time on a major network. It will necessarily be diluted for the lowest common denominator. Anyone who knows enough to be interested isn't going to learn much.

But I think that's actually a good thing! It's not a show for the scientifically literate who love astronomy and earth history. It's for everyone else...who doesn't already know how vast the universe is with its "billions and billions" of stars. It's to introduce the average, and frankly ignorant, viewer to concepts that the informed minority takes for granted. We need to get "simplified" science into the mainstream as much as possible. Raising the collective level of scientific literacy by even a tiny amount is a better objective for a show like this than is catering to the more hardcore of us who read Wikipedia articles on Wolf-Rayet stars for fun.

Watching Live From Space right now. Lots of great footage of earth. Interesting space station facts. "Yesterdays coffee becomes tomorrows coffee"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

started out bad but the second week show was quite good . Lots of information of evolution and not just the monkey to man chart but an actual explanation of cell level mutations . Hope the show continues to be this good .

Latest posts

Back