Corny keg with 3 disconnect posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthBeer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen corny kegs with 3 posts on them? I saw them at a LHBS recently. The posts were labeled liquid, gas, and level probe. They were all silver kegs and not the used soda keg type. I'm wondering what level probe would be and how its used. I didn't think to take a pic at the time. The level probe on has the same kind of ball lock connector as the gas and liquid.

Reminds me of Total Recall and the chick with three breasts.

Though level probe sounds like a great idea!

I have four of those myself. I was told that they were used for distilled water storage at some lab, so the level sensor let them know how much was left.

I'm thinking of taking the probe apart and making a temp probe out of them and using the cornys for primary fermentation.

I have four of those myself. I was told that they were used for distilled water storage at some lab, so the level sensor let them know how much was left.

I'm thinking of taking the probe apart and making a temp probe out of them and using the cornys for primary fermentation.
Where did you get them? I seriously need a few of these, not to convert for fermentors, but to have an idiot light on my coffin to keep from getting splashed with the dregs of a keg. My father lives in St Louie, want to make a trade for 1 or 2?

Doesn't Austin Homebrew Supply have 'em?

edit: he used to. Doesn't look like he has 'em any more.

Back