Corny keg attachments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elohwhydee

Reaction score
I've got a couple Corny kegs with what I think are ball lock pins. What sorts of attachments do I need to get from the regulator to the keg, and from the keg to some sort of serving device? TIA!

If they are ball locks you will need two different types of fittings for the keg, one gas fitting and one liquid fitting, both need to be fitted with a hose barb so that the tubing can connect. Run the gas line to the regulator and the liquid line can use a picnic style tap.

The kegs have posts, which could be "ball lock" style
keg-posts-1.jpg

or they could be "pin lock" style.
Pin-Lock-Posts.jpg

There are "Quick Disconnect" sets for each style - and the gas side will always be different from the liquid side so they can't be accidentally stuck on the wrong posts.

Ball lock disconnects ("Gray For Gas, Black For Beer")
disconnect_mfl.jpg

Pin lock disconnects (still "Gray For Gas, Black For Beer")
07C07143.jpg

Note that in the above pictures that the ball lock style disconnects have threaded ends while the pin lock style disconnects have barbs. Actually, you can get either style end for either style disconnect - but I recommend the threaded "MFL" style disconnects, which then use mating "swivel nuts and barbs" for the hose terminations.

04C03293.jpg

This makes life with a dispensing appliance incrementally easier over the long term versus using barbed ends as it's easy to remove things to clean or to trouble-shoot problems...

Cheers!

Back