Corny keg almost empty but won't pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrestleb

Reaction score
This is my first kegged homebrew, is it normal for the corny keg to not empty all the way?

Full disclosure... I had some temp control issues and the beer lines froze. Once I thawed them, my commercial keg poured fine (full), but my corny will not pour at all. It is almost empty but definitely still liquid in it.

It reaches the bottom. I am using a picnic tap, not sure if the matters?

If you dip tube reaches the bottom, then you should be able to get all but the last few drops out. Poppet or picnic tap could be clogged?

If when you try to pour you get nothing but gas/CO2 coming out, you have a dip tube problem. It's either too short or it's bent and not centered in the convex bottom of the keg.
If you get no gas or nothing at all, you have a clog somewhere, assuming the CO2 is freely flowing into the keg and it's under serving pressure.

Any issues with pulling it off and resealing the keg?

If you have a clog, not really any other option. I'd start with taking off the bev line and cleaning out the picnic tap. If that doesn't work, take off the bev out post.

try putting a liquid fitting on a gas line and blasting 20psi down the diptube for a split second.

No. I removed and cleaned the dip tube and still nothing. This beer was dry hopped, so I think the hop flakes may have clogged the inner tube.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back