corney to party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcryan

Reaction score
so what does everyone do when they want to take a corney out of the house to a party? guessing a picnic tap is the way to go but how big of a CO2 tank do you use?? i wouldn't want to take my 10lb tank and kick ass regulator to a party with a bunch of drunks. what do you guys do? cheers

so what does everyone do when they want to take a corney out of the house to a party? guessing a picnic tap is the way to go but how big of a CO2 tank do you use?? i wouldn't want to take my 10lb tank and kick ass regulator to a party with a bunch of drunks. what do you guys do? cheers

did that once. there is a nifty device that will snap on your corney co2 post that uses a 5 gm co2 cylinder. problem is you have to watch your party goers as if the dont know how to inject the co2 it will break because its plastic. mine lasted 1/2 hour and someone broke it when I was not watching it, so i had to go home and get my 15lb tank. if you need to use your tank, you ban strap it tight to whatever you are keeping the corney in to keep it from falling. thats what I did.

Get one of these:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/default/soda-keg-co2-charger.html

You can dispense a 5 gallon keg with 2-3 cartridges, and a 3 gallon keg with 1 cartridge.

Edit: If you're worried about drunk-asses breaking your keg charger, just remove the gas disconnect and hide the charger...then when the keg runs out of pressure and people come ask you to fix it, you can reattach it and hit it with some co2.

Get a trash can from the Walmart, put everything inside of it so nothing can be f'd with. Fill with ice, cut a hole for the picnic tap, and duct tape it shut.

Get a trash can from the Walmart, put everything inside of it so nothing can be f'd with. Fill with ice, cut a hole for the picnic tap, and duct tape it shut.

i like it..

can the reg be submerged in water?

if not, drill 2 holes and zip tie the reg close to the top of the can, keep the ice level below the reg.

I use a small 9 oz paintball tank, that way you dont have to keep adding gas (those cartridge things can be trouble if some drunk ass fiddles with them). all you need is an adapter or some type of on/off air-source-adapter (paintball website).

Back