Corelius lid on sanke keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloke

Reaction score
I would like to take a hole in the geg to insert ann cornelius keg lid and use this keg as fermentor. You thing im able to get a tight seal when the top of the keg has this star like pattern?

Good ideas are welcome:)

image.jpg

I found out that a 2" tri clamp fits on the sanke. I think i will remove the valve from the keg and use a tri clamp the seal it off. Like the brewershardware sanke fermentor kit, http://www.brewershardware.com/Sanke-Fermentor-Kits/

Maybe I could attach a corny ball lock the the tri clamp lid. Or maybe use a 2" to 2.5" tri clamp pipe to get more room for ball locks.

Its a bit harder to clean, but maybe pbw will clean upp the mess the yeast leave behind in the top of the keg.

Good. Better or bad idea;)

I have used the 2" tri clover setup with sanke kegs works great with a blow off and pressure transfer out. My only complaints is it is a pain to clean and no yeast harvesting. I am having a friend cut and weld a 4" tri clover on it soon to make it easier.

Back