Coores light clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesheperd

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to make a coores light beer with extract instead of all grains?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

for the amount of work and time that goes into brewing, I cant justify brewing coors light when you can run to wally world and get a 30 pack for $16... just my .02

I just like to experiment.. I like the lower IBU's in beer.. But I was just coir opus to see if anyone has tried to make one like Coors light.. I haven't tried the American ale light yet.. I will my next batch tho

Ah exactly me :) I can drink heavy beers but for drinking every day kind of beers I prefer light bodied like him, thank you very much

I just like to experiment.. I like the lower IBU's in beer.. But I was just coir opus to see if anyone has tried to make one like Coors light.. I haven't tried the American ale light yet.. I will my next batch tho

Coors is an American light lager, not an ale.

If you can make a lager, the "recipe" for a Coors Light or Miller Light would be very simple but it'd be hard to do with extract because not all adjuncts come in extract form. I've seen rice solids (instead of flaked rice in the mash), and corn sugar, so it may be possible but I'm not 100% sure as I"ve never done it.

Flavorless American Lagers are pretty difficult to make properly. If you're calling it an ale, I'm going to guess that you don't have the knowledge to properly make one. Just sayin'

Flavorless American Lagers are pretty difficult to make properly. If you're calling it an ale, I'm going to guess that you don't have the knowledge to properly make one. Just sayin'

Was going to chastise your bluntness - then I read how he spelled Coors in his thread title and decided I'd shut my mouth... :p

Was going to chastise your bluntness - then I read how he spelled Coors in his thread title and decided I'd shut my mouth... :p

It was a spell check calm down haha, my last post I said Coors I got it right :p

well this isnt a clone it is the closest ive come to a really good tasting light beer without lagering. all my bmc friends love it.

Title: Light "lager"\
\
Brew Method: Extract\
Style Name: Standard American Lager\
Boil Time: 60 min\
Batch Size: 5 gallons (fermentor volume)\
Boil Size: 6 gallons\
Boil Gravity: 1.043\
Efficiency: 35% (steeping grains only)\
\
STATS:\
Original Gravity: 1.052\
Final Gravity: 1.012\
ABV (standard): 5.25%\
IBU (tinseth): 16.19\
SRM (morey): 5.33\
\
FERMENTABLES:\
7 lb - Liquid Malt Extract - Light (87.5%)\ (add 2 lbs at 60 min and last 5 lbs at 5 min)
\
STEEPING GRAINS:\
1 lb - German - Vienna (12.5%)\
\
HOPS:\
1 oz - Liberty, Type: Pellet, AA: 4, Use: Boil for 60 min, IBU: 16.19\
\
YEAST:\
White Labs - American Lager Yeast WLP840\
Starter: Yes\
Form: Liquid\

ferment at 62-64 degrees for 2 weeks, transfer to secondary ontop of gelatin. let sit in secondary for another 2 weeks at 62-64 degrees. bottle or keg from there.

}

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

What about the brewers best American light extract kit?? Anybody tried this one yet? I have a brewers best milk stout fermenting for 5 days now.. And I am thinking about the American light for my next batch??

It would be a different beer but "lite" nonetheless:

4.5 lb Pilsner LME
0.75 lb rice solids/extract
1.0 oz Strisselspalt hops at 25 min
fermented as cleanly as possible with a touch of sulfur remaining

...I brewed the Cream Ale extract kit from Northern Brewer and it was an excellent lighter, grainy, lower ABV beer. It has more flavor than your typical BMC brew, but in a good way. The lite beer-drinking members of my family thought they'd died and went to beer heaven. They even drank if from glasses with their pinkies extended... :)

Yeah I've thought about getting the cream ale.. Glad to hear a positive response on it..

Yes. Thumbs up on NB's cream ale. It's definitely a lighter beer, but has a surprising amount of flavor. Everyone I have given it to has liked it. It's kind of like a Genesee Cream Ale and Old Vienna combined...but with a more flavor, as NB puts it; "buttered toast like flavor".

Yes. Thumbs up on NB's cream ale. It's definitely a lighter beer, but has a surprising amount of flavor. Everyone I have given it to has liked it. It's kind of like a Genesee Cream Ale and Old Vienna combined...but with a more flavor, as NB puts it; "buttered toast like flavor".

The kit I made is the one from Northern Brewer. It turned out pretty much identical to the Rise to the Top Cream Ale from Third Street Brewhouse in beautiful downtown Cold Springs, MN. The only problem was it was gone soooooooooooo fast...

I have the NB Cream Ale in the primary now. Heard great things about it and want an 'everyday' beer available. I actually took the recipe and bout the ingredients locally, but it really did not save me anything.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

How about Cream of Three Crops Cream Ale?? Very easy all-grain or BIAB recipe. :rockin: Just made one myself.

Back