Cooler mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhammers91

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorry I know this is probably annoying, but I want to build a mashtun out of a cooler, and I saw a post that had all the parts listed out a few days ago but I can't find it anywhere! Can anyone show me a link?!? Thanks!

I built mine out of an old 48 qt picnic cooler i had, 1/2" vinyl tubing, a stainless steel tank line hose braid and a plastic in line valve (a la Denny Conn/Don Osborne). It was about $10 in parts.

One quick warning - if you use the newer kind of Rubbermaid/Homedepot orange coolers, the spigot holes are bigger than when many of these builds were written up, and need 1/2" versions of the fittings, rather than 3/8".

i built mine out of a70qt Xtream, it works great and its cheeper then a Home depot cooler and i can do a larger mash like a 10 gal batch

Thanks for all of the comments and replies! I hope I can put something together from all of these options!

Back