Cool or Unusual bottle openers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found in my dads toolbox unused for years wooden handle and rusted metal end

image-4181231229.jpg

I have a Homer Bottle opener that talks.
986.jpg

MMMM Beer...(sound a of bottle opening) Woo Hoo!

Had a non-homer one that said "Oh, Yeah! Time for a beer!" years ago. Thing got a little overused and annoying so I gave it to my father. Randomly you will close the drawer it is in and hear him slur it about 4 times before stopping. I am honestly surprised that the battery is not dead yet.

Mine aren't cool. I have a NY Knicks opener and a Quebec opener. :(

I don't have a picture of it but my friend has one that is made out of a kangaroo, scrotum and testicles. Complete with all the fur.

20130101_153418_Anne_zps4da4645e.jpg

This one stays at our cabin. Koa wood, one of my favorites.

Cheers to the Hawaii bottle opener - its my goto as well:

8588935747_1313ed9057_b.jpg

And I'm surprised noone has posted the Popener:

8588934533_51aba377e7.jpg

Purchased at the gift shop on the roof of St. Peter's. Showing my age - this is a couple of Pope's ago now.

The guinness one i got from the guinness storehouse in dublin, the prison key one i got from the old ohio state prison.

image-3679173900.jpg

image-3198540525.jpg

image-4292514024.jpg

image-561720912.jpg

I have this one, It's called a Mit Mah bottle opener (I think). You place it over the cap and press down, and a spring loaded mechanism inside pops the cap off without bending it (Great for saving caps for fridge magnets or whatever). It even has a magnet that catches the cap for you.
2QWRkZ5.jpg
lWq84qo.jpg

I got an engraved 3 in 1 money clip from Copenhagen in the mail a few months back. Its a money clip, bottle opener, and dip can opener.

IMG_0015[1].jpg

IMG_0016[1].jpg

My buddy made this 50 Cal. shell bottle opener for me as a Christmas gift.

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

My buddy has one like this. Knowing his penchant for herbal supplement, I thought it was a pipe, until he opened a beer with it.

I had a pair of the Reef sandals, but I wore them out. Literally ripped off my foot while opening a bottle.

high5apparatus said:
I have these sandals, and I have yet to open a beer with them.

but it is nice to know in a pinch I could use them

I had a pair of the reef sandals with an opener in the bottom. They did come in handy at a campout when we forgot an opener until we found one in town.

They were good for that sort of thing (emergency, in a pinch, erc) but the opener kind of sucked otherwise.

Let's see...

Caribiner, nut tool, reef sandals, Jeep door striker, and a credit card size opener in my wallet.

At any given time, I have at least one bottle opener within reach.

My favorite is the jeep door striker. It HAD to be designed that way. I can't see any other reason for it to have flat spots...

Latest posts

Back