convert litres to bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiderTreeMan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

sorry if this is a silly question, I think I am just over thinking it, but can someone tell me a easy way to convert litres to bottles. I have just brewed 900L of cider and will be bottling into 330ml bottles.

Thanks, and sorry for the silly question, just wanted to be sure

How do you even ferment that much? That's like a 1.5 cubic meter fermentation vessel we're talking about here. I got an image in my head of some maniac stealing one of those square water tanks they have where cows pasture and dragging it down his basement.....

That's some commercial production level right there. And well beyond what one is legally permitted to make at home (assuming you're in the US, though metric would suggest otherwise).

So I'm gonna assume it's either a typo or you've got your various government forms in order. Otherwise best not to broadcast that on the internet.

330ml is 0.33L. 9000/0.33=27272.7272

I'd be more worried about bottling it all. Even with a team and a multi-head filler that's a project. Bottling one at a time solo will take ages. Along with some major quality ramifications if not done correctly.

Hmmm. Even the science-denying rednecks of my acquaintance (and in this part of the world there are quite a few of them) have enough of an understanding of the metric system to do the math necessary to answer the OP’s question. I’m a bit skeptical.

Hmmm. Even the science-denying rednecks of my acquaintance (and in this part of the world there are quite a few of them) have enough of an understanding of the metric system to do the math necessary to answer the OP’s question. I’m a bit skeptical.
I know what you mean. This may be totally legit with a typo or something, but you get some posts on here that make me wonder if we are getting trolled. Questions that you could answer in 5 minutes with a simple search on the site. Ridiculous things like "After I boil the grains with the hops, then what?" I don't wanna be rude, but there's a time that calls for the quick dope-slap or maybe a whack with the rubber chicken.

How do you even ferment that much? That's like a 1.5 cubic meter fermentation vessel we're talking about here. I got an image in my head of some maniac stealing one of those square water tanks they have where cows pasture and dragging it down his basement.....
Not far off, there are cows around, but its just a big tank in my garage. 1000L tank is actually not that large. its 2.1M high and around 80cm in diameter

IBC tote? Pretty common for fermentation in wine and cider industriesn (and for all sorts of other industrial applications) and the volume lines up.

Latest posts

Back