Continental Keg Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgarino

Reaction score
I have a refurbished KC59 keg cooler. I just had a new compressor installed and it cools great. The problem I have is it cycles to quick. Can you change the temperature range? It runs and cools down to 37 degrees turns off for about two minutes then kicks back on. I can't detect any leaks. Just seems to the threshold is to narrow. Any help or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

+1 It cycles 2:30 min on and 2:00 min off. Temp pretty much remains constant within 2 tenths a degree..

2 tenths a degree..
there is your problem the differential needs to be greater. 2 tenths is lab quality stuff. It should be about 3 degrees
Example
cooler set to 38 compressor comes on at 39 and cools to 37...3 degrees differential. 3 is a minimum 5 a maximum on coolers though some thermostats allow you to set it to 1
I tried googling the thermostat but came up empty. The differential setting is part of the thermostat

Latest posts

Back