Consistentcy of apartment water profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
I'm looking to really dial in my brews. Thinking about sending a sample of water to be tested.

I live in an apartment in Vancouver wa, just north of Portland Oregon.

I want to know if there's any reason I shouldn't send it. Will the report be accurate for a while or how is city/apartment water handled? Will the profile change often enough to just consider building distilled or RO water every time?

The variability is what it is. In your neck of the woods, however, it is smaller than usual because your water is very low in mineral content. Talk to other brewers in your area, talk to the water supplier or buy alkalinity and hardness test kits and check it out for yourself.

As part of this effort, The End-use Water Demand Profile Study was conducted to ...... building, such as an apartment building, the inhabitants of ...... The flow trace methodology is based on the fact that there is consistency in the flow trace.

Back