Connecting Accuflex to Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm about to hook up my beer lines to the kegerator I'm building and I have a quick question.

I am going to be running Accuflex Bev-seal from my kegerator up to the tower. I have read a bunch of threads on the best way to heat and stretch the tubing over the barbed fittings for the keg side of things but can't seem to find anything on how people are connecting the Bev-seal to the tower?

Do I pull the shanks out and do the same heat and stretch process to connect it to the taps? I feel the shank tube is less structural than the barb fittings and may bend or snap when I try to press it on real hard.

Is it less of a struggle to put it onto the shank than it is the barb fitting? Is that why I haven't seen a thread on this in my searching?

I am going to be using the pex tube crimps that require the special tool(can't recall the name) so if I need to over-stretch the tubes, the crimps should help it seal after it cools and shrinks.

I was planning on removing the taps from the tower and feeding the tubing up the tower and through the tap hole. Then heating and connecting the tubing to the tap shank and crimp it on. Then re-install the hooked up tap into the tower.

I was just curious how to connect the Bev-seal to that little 90 degree piece of metal tube that hangs out the back of the tap shank once the tap/shank is removed from the tower. I've heard it takes a good amount of force to get this tubing over the barbed shanks that attach to the keg couplers so I'm worried about bending that little 90 degree piece when forcing the tube on it.

I'd heat the tower tubing and assemble that portion with the shanks, then feed the necessary tubing down the tower and over to the keg barbs where you would repeat the heating process. This is assuming of course that a coolant bundle isn't required (only for tubing going outside the kegerator).

Not sure what kind of shanks you have but i think you'd be hard pressed to bend the metal by hand. SS is stronger than brass of course, but i can't put a dent in mine w/o using tools.

Most kinds of crimpers will work just fine. The traditional screw-plumbing device, oetikers are popular, etc.

Latest posts

Back