Concord SS 100 qt stock pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about getting the 100 qt Concord SS stock pots. Does anyone have one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085ZPZ20/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'd like to know the actual volume and also the internal dimensions. Can you measure the inside diameter as well as the distance from middle of the inside of the pot up to the brim?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can measure it for you tomorrow evening if you can wait that long. I ordered mine from Ebay for 100 bucks I think plus shipping. Really good quality was very surprised!

Buy it and dont look back. I love my 20 gallon. Used for BIAB have done 12 gallon batches in it.

Thanks for the input. It seems like most people are satisfied with them, especially for the price. I could care less about the thickness as long as it doesn't dent too easily, as I will be using it in an electric setup.

If you can give me the measurements when you get a chance that would be great! Just to confirm, I'm interested in the 25 gallon pot, 100 qts. It says 20 X 20 online, I'd like the exact internal dimensions.

Thanks!

I can measure tonight when I get home as I have the 100 qt pot. I am very pleased with it except that you cannot fill past the bottom rivets of the handles. They leak through for me. That is at about the 21 gallon mark though so it is a non issue.

Hi,

I am thinking about getting the 100 qt Concord SS stock pots. Does anyone have one?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085ZPZ20/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'd like to know the actual volume and also the internal dimensions. Can you measure the inside diameter as well as the distance from middle of the inside of the pot up to the brim?

Yes, I have three of them.

19.5" inside diameter, 19.5" tall inside. A little over 25 gallons.

Here's another helpful thread about these pots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input. It seems like most people are satisfied with them, especially for the price. I could care less about the thickness as long as it doesn't dent too easily, as I will be using it in an electric setup.

If you can give me the measurements when you get a chance that would be great! Just to confirm, I'm interested in the 25 gallon pot, 100 qts. It says 20 X 20 online, I'd like the exact internal dimensions.

Thanks!

EXACT internal dimensions? Hmm. Lemme think...

I bought a Blichmann 30 gallon false bottom for my MT and I believe that the false bottom is 19 and 3/8" wide. And I had a 3/8" gap on the edges that I filled with a piece of silicon tubing. So that's 19.75".

Thanks!

Hah, trust me you ain't gonna dent that bad boy very easy at all. I've rolled mine around all over the place it still looks brand new. When you get it your gonna wonder why others spend 3 or 4 times as much for a brew pot.

Thanks LoL! Do your pots leak through the rivets? Looks like those measurements should give very close to 25 gallons. Good to know.

estricklen, have you had any leaking through the rivets? It's not a deal breaker, but it is disappointing. I guess it's a tradeoff for the super cheapo price.

Thanks LoL! Do your pots leak through the rivets? Looks like those measurements should give very close to 25 gallons. Good to know.

No, none of my pots have any leaking problems with the rivets. A dab of food-grade silicon around the rivets would probably fix any small leak, though.

I have an electric setup as well, so if you need any help with stuff or want some pics, send me a PM.

Picture of my baby, er, control panel:
jd5i.jpg

Schematic of my control panel

The only rivets are on the handles and they look really well made too but I haven't had mine filled all the way up to the 25 gallon mark so I wouldn't know honestly. I can't imagine they would leak though. If they did, a little solder would fix that problem quick like.

The only time I noticed the leaking at the rivets was when I was calibrating my sight glass. I have not had the wort that high since. If I ever need to I will probably try some silicone or solder.

EXACT internal dimensions? Hmm. Lemme think...

I bought a Blichmann 30 gallon false bottom for my MT and I believe that the false bottom is 19 and 3/8" wide. And I had a 3/8" gap on the edges that I filled with a piece of silicon tubing. So that's 19.75".

Why didn't you just go with a Norcal or other that fits perfectly? Are the Blichmanns that much better?

Why didn't you just go with a Norcal or other that fits perfectly? Are the Blichmanns that much better?

The Blichmann was cheaper, and I bought it local so I saved money on shipping (but did pay sales taxes). I don't know if they're better, but I liked the engineering of the Blichmann over the standard holes of the Norcal.

I think the Blichmann is probably ideal as well, but the perforated ones would probably work fine. I'll have to see about shipping though. I'm going to revamp my entire setup and put in an E-HERMS, so I'd like to just do it right and avoid too much jury rigging.

Those leaking rivets are an easy fix, ( said the aircraft mechanic who shoots rivets for a living....), without solder or silicone.
I had to fix a Buddy's leaking handles on his pot, (brand unknown).

I used a rivet gun, a "domed" rivet set, ( AN 470, 1/4 dia. rivet), and a bucking bar on the "tail" side.

They squeeze them on with a machine, which makes them look good, but does not "set" or swell them all the way.

If you leaking rivets folks know any aircraft mechanics, tell them to break out their riveting equipment and fix it for ya'!

Those leaking rivets are an easy fix, ( said the aircraft mechanic who shoots rivets for a living....), without solder or silicone.
I had to fix a Buddy's leaking handles on his pot, (brand unknown).

I used a rivet gun, a "domed" rivet set, ( AN 470, 1/4 dia. rivet), and a bucking bar on the "tail" side.

They squeeze them on with a machine, which makes them look good, but does not "set" or swell them all the way.

If you leaking rivets folks know any aircraft mechanics, tell them to break out their riveting equipment and fix it for ya'!

Thanks for that awesome tip, Stealthcruiser. My father in law is an engineer on the F22, and one of my best friend's brothers is an air force mechanic. He's on the other side of the US, but maybe he could hook me up with someone to fix my pot if I ever have that problem!!

Can someone give me the internal diameter and internal height of the 80 quart Concord SS pots from amazon.com as well? I may just go with that size.

I got an email from Concord, and they said the lighter duty version of the 80 qt pot is

17.8"D X 18.5"H (internal dimensions)

and the thicker tri-ply version is

17.8"D X 17.5"H (internal dimensions)

So, it looks like the heavy duty version is short by just over a gallon and the light duty version is just short of 20 gallons by like a cup!

He also said he would replace any pots that leak, so maybe I'll just go with the cheaper pot. It's the one with the ripply lid, not the lid that goes down into the pot a bit and looks more rounded.

I just got my pots! They look pretty good. I measured one of them exactly. It is exactly 19" from the middle of the pot interior to the top lip. It is 17 5/16" internal diameter across the top. That comes out to about 19 1/4 gallons. Should work fine. This is the lighter duty pot with the domed lid.

Latest posts

Back