Compact Couplers on 1/6 Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tspenard

Reaction score
The only compact coupler I have is a domestic sankey "wing" or quarter turn style that easily fits within the ring area at the top of 9" diameter 1/6 barrel (commercial) kegs. I know that imported beers typically don't offer a 1/6 barrel option, but in the case of Chimay and Hoegaarden, they both use German slider couplers.

Has anyone run across a non-domestic 1/6 barrel and been able to couple to it with conventional lever type couplers?

Same question for domestic 1/6 barrels.

Are there compact type lever couplers that actually fit this application? I've seen some that are described as compact however the info was not specific to this situation. The pictures seemed to suggest they maybe take up 1/2" less horizontal space in the down (coupled) position. Not sure if that provides enough clearance nor if the scale of illustrations could be trusted.

Just curious before I order a keg and have to hacksaw my coupler lever short. Thanks!

Back