Commercial Beers that highlight certain ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrapinj

Reaction score
I'm still trying to get an idea for how certain ingredients impact the flavor of beer.

Are there any commercial beers you know of that highlight certain ingredients whether its yeast, malt or hops?

for example: Sierra Nevada pale ale for cascade hops

:mug:

Founders Reds Rye PA is brewed with 100% amarillo hops. The finish of the hops may be slightly affected by the rye used but nonetheless, a very delicious brew I couldn't stop drinking until the sixer was empty.

Founders also has a Centennial IPA that is made exclusively with centennial hops I believe.

I think a german hefeweizen like weihanstephaner is really all about the yeast strain.

I think a german hefeweizen like weihanstephaner is really all about the yeast strain.

That's definitely true, most German beers are pretty straighforward because of the old beer laws and all that.

Bell's Two Hearted is another Centennial hop beer.

Yep, great all-Centennial showcase.

Anchor Steam is all Northern Brewer
Three Floyds Gumbalhead is an Amarillo showcase
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe is all simcoe
Brooklyn Sorachi Ace is a sorachi ace showcase
Shipyard IPA is all Fuggles

Mikkeller had a whole string of single-hop (Cascade Single Hop IPA, Centennial, Chinook, East Kent Golding, Nelson Sauvin, Nugget, Simcoe, Tomahawk, and Warrior single-hop IPAs) that were otherwise identical, but I don't think they're made anymore. Ditto their Yeast Series, which had American/Belgian/Hefeweizen/Brett/Lager yeasts in an otherwise identical beer.

Back