Comments on My Blonde Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would probably dump the Crystal 120. I would also reduce the Carapils by 8 oz and add 8 of of Aromatic Malt. For the hops you should be fine with the EKG, but I would replace the Fuggles... If you can, replace the EKG too with Styrian Goldings... maybe a little Saaz for some spicy notes in the last 15 minutes. Also, the yeast has to go - it will not give you any yeast character expected in a Belgian style beer. I would use T58 if you insist on dry yeast, or I would use 1214 Belgian Ale or 3522 Belgian Ardennes for Wyeast or WLP550 Belgian Ale if you like White Labs. Your mash temps and boiling time are good.

Thanks For the reply BigB. Should I replace the Fuggles With the Styrian Golding. If Not What bittering Hop would you recommend. I appreciate the comments.

If you go with t58 I'd keep the ferm temps under 72. Anything about that and I get too much banana/clove from it.

Back